guitar fret diagrams won't show strings greater than six

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

guitar fret diagrams won't show strings greater than six

Jeff Grady
Lilypond guitar fret diagrams won't show strings greater than six.

The fret diagram code puts dots outside the diagram if you enter Lilypond code
like this (for instance, for a 7-string guitar):

\fret-diagram #"7-3;7-5;6-3;6-5; ...

I am running Lilypond 2.6.1 on MacOS 10.4.2

Should this work and I'm doing something wrong, or is this a real bug?  If so,
is it easy to fix?

-Jeff


               
__________________________________
Yahoo! Music Unlimited
Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/


_______________________________________________
bug-lilypond mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/bug-lilypond
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: guitar fret diagrams won't show strings greater than six

Erik Sandberg
On Tuesday 18 October 2005 04.10, Jeff Grady wrote:

> Lilypond guitar fret diagrams won't show strings greater than six.
>
> The fret diagram code puts dots outside the diagram if you enter Lilypond
> code like this (for instance, for a 7-string guitar):
>
> \fret-diagram #"7-3;7-5;6-3;6-5; ...
>
> I am running Lilypond 2.6.1 on MacOS 10.4.2
>
> Should this work and I'm doing something wrong, or is this a real bug?  If
> so, is it easy to fix?

Hi,

Can you please send a complete (but minimal) input .ly file which reproduces
this?

--
Erik Sandberg
Maintainer of the Lilypond bug CVS archive,
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/lilypond/lily-bugs/bugs/
http://lilypond.org/bugs/v2.6/


_______________________________________________
bug-lilypond mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/bug-lilypond
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: guitar fret diagrams won't show strings greater than six

Jeff Grady
Hi, sorry for the late response.  Here you go.  The string tunings are screwed
up (and thus the tablature), I know.  Let me know if you need any more info for
debugging:

%% BEGIN FILE

\version "2.6"
\header {
  title = "Seven String Major Scale Positions, Three Per String"
  subtitle = "Modes Of The G Major Scale"
  composer = "Jeff Grady"
  meter = "92 bpm"
  copyright = "(c) Jeff Grady - 2005"
  tagline = "Seven String Major Scale Positions - Modes Of The G Major Scale,
Three Per String"
}

#(set-global-staff-size 16)
#(set-default-paper-size "letter")

\include "english.ly"

global = {
  \time 4/4
}


%% ------ Guitar ------
gtr = \relative c'' {

  \key c \major

\context TabStaff {

%% \set TabStaff.minimumFret = #1

\set TabStaff.stringTunings = #'(-13 -8 -3 2 7 11 16)

%% G Ionian

 g,,4\6
 ^\markup { \bold \large "G Ionian" " "
  \override #'(size . 2.00) {
  \fret-diagram
#"7-3;7-5;7-7;6-3;6-5;6-7;5-3;5-5;5-7;4-4;4-5;4-7;3-4;3-5;3-7;2-5;2-7;2-8;1-5;1-7;1-8;"
  }
 }
 a\6 b\5 c\5 d\5 e\4 fs\4 g\4
 a\3 b\3 c\3 d\2 e\2 fs\1 g\1 r

 \break

%% ...

}

}

guitar = {
  \global
  \clef treble
  \context Staff <<
    \gtr
  >>
}

\score {
  \context Staff <<
    \guitar
  >>
}

%% EOF

--- Erik Sandberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tuesday 18 October 2005 04.10, Jeff Grady wrote:
> > Lilypond guitar fret diagrams won't show strings greater than six.
> >
> > The fret diagram code puts dots outside the diagram if you enter Lilypond
> > code like this (for instance, for a 7-string guitar):
> >
> > \fret-diagram #"7-3;7-5;6-3;6-5; ...
> >
> > I am running Lilypond 2.6.1 on MacOS 10.4.2
> >
> > Should this work and I'm doing something wrong, or is this a real bug?  If
> > so, is it easy to fix?
>
> Hi,
>
> Can you please send a complete (but minimal) input .ly file which reproduces
> this?
>
> --
> Erik Sandberg
> Maintainer of the Lilypond bug CVS archive,
> http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/lilypond/lily-bugs/bugs/
> http://lilypond.org/bugs/v2.6/
>



               
__________________________________
Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click.
http://farechase.yahoo.com


_______________________________________________
bug-lilypond mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/bug-lilypond
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: guitar fret diagrams won't show strings greater than six

Erik Sandberg
On Friday 04 November 2005 15.02, Jeff Grady wrote:
> Hi, sorry for the late response.  Here you go.  The string tunings are
> screwed up (and thus the tablature), I know.  Let me know if you need any
> more info for debugging:

I don't think this is a bug, it's just a missing feature: It seems that fret
diagrams are hard-coded to six strings.

This can probably be generalised to any number of strings pretty easily; and I
suppose Han-Wen can implement this if you pay him for it.

--
Erik



_______________________________________________
bug-lilypond mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/bug-lilypond
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: guitar fret diagrams won't show strings greater than six

Han-Wen Nienhuys
Erik Sandberg wrote:

> On Friday 04 November 2005 15.02, Jeff Grady wrote:
>
>>Hi, sorry for the late response.  Here you go.  The string tunings are
>>screwed up (and thus the tablature), I know.  Let me know if you need any
>>more info for debugging:
>
>
> I don't think this is a bug, it's just a missing feature: It seems that fret
> diagrams are hard-coded to six strings.
>
> This can probably be generalised to any number of strings pretty easily; and I
> suppose Han-Wen can implement this if you pay him for it.

It's probably more efficient to contact Carl Sorensen, as he wrote the code.


--
  Han-Wen Nienhuys - [hidden email] - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen


_______________________________________________
bug-lilypond mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/bug-lilypond