grace note synchronization and multi-rests

grace note synchronization and multi-rests

Werner LEMBERG

Assume the following score

  <<
     \new Voice \relative c' {
       R1*2 |
       \acciaccatura { c8 } c1 | c1 }

     \new Voice \relative c' {
       R1*2 |
       \acciaccatura { s8 } R1*2 }

To synchronize the grace notes it is necessary to insert them into the
second voice also (as skips).  Extracting this second voice in a part
I want to get

       4
   |-------|

but I get

      2       2
   |-----| |-----|

due to the grace notes.  What must I do to have a 4-bar multi-rest
automatically?  I know that I can insert a kludge with \tag to provide
different versions for the part and the full score, but...

    Werner

Re: grace note synchronization and multi-rests

Werner LEMBERG
> To synchronize the grace notes it is necessary to insert them into the
> second voice also (as skips).  Extracting this second voice in a part
> I want to get
>
>        4
>    |-------|
>

> but I get
>
>       2       2
>    |-----| |-----|
>

> due to the grace notes.

It's even more annoying because I can't have grace notes in cues :-(

Any chance to fix this?

    Werner

Re: grace note synchronization and multi-rests

Han-Wen Nienhuys-2
Werner LEMBERG schreef:

>> To synchronize the grace notes it is necessary to insert them into the
>> second voice also (as skips).  Extracting this second voice in a part
>> I want to get
>>
>>        4
>>    |-------|
>>

>> but I get
>>
>>       2       2
>>    |-----| |-----|
>>

>> due to the grace notes.
>
> It's even more annoying because I can't have grace notes in cues :-(
>
> Any chance to fix this?

not true iirc; there's even a regtest. Of course, you have to do insert
grace skips into the cueDuring arguments too.

LilyPond Software Design
  -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com

Re: grace note synchronization and multi-rests

Werner LEMBERG

> > It's even more annoying because I can't have grace notes in cues :-(
>
> not true iirc; there's even a regtest. Of course, you have to do
> insert grace skips into the cueDuring arguments too.

OK, thanks.  The bug with cyclic cues (which I've just reported to
bug-lilypond) led me to a wrong conclusion.

    Werner