giving up frustrated ... :-(

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
27 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

giving up frustrated ... :-(

Roland Goretzki
Hi at all,

since many weeks now I would like to use lilypond 2.6.x on my debian
system, but with autopacke there was a problem concerning the guile
version.

Now, after completely new installing a clean debian sarge 3.1 system
(from printemps 2004) there still remaines the following problem:

executing
roland@pluto:~/noten/2.3.6.1$ ./lilypond-2.6.3.1-upgrade.x86.package

there appears the following:

  # Preparing: LilyPond
  # Checking for required C library versions ... passed
  # Checking for FreeType font library ... passed
  # Checking for Standard C++ library ... passed
  # Checking for Glib Utility Library ... passed
  # Checking for Python language runtime ... passed
  # Checking for zlib compression library ... passed
  # Checking for Pango ... passed
  # Checking for Guile ... failed
  # FAIL:
  # Package 'Guile' was found but was of the wrong version and the correct version could not be located.
  #
  # [IV 1.67 for @gnu.org/guile]
  FAIL:  Unable to prepare package LilyPond.

Trying to install
  guile-1.6_1.6.7-1.1_i386.deb
with dpkg -i results in the following error:

  dpkg: regarding libc6_2.3.5-6_i386.deb containing libc6:
   libc6 conflicts with e2fsprogs (<< 1.35-7)
    e2fsprogs (version 1.34+1.35-WIP-2004.01.31-1) is installed.
  dpkg: error processing libc6_2.3.5-6_i386.deb (--install):
   conflicting packages - not installing libc6
  Errors were encountered while processing:
   libc6_2.3.5-6_i386.deb

I'm not able to solve these problems, and so I tend to give up, not
willing to work with lilypond further in the older version, regarding
that there might be too much to change later, because the tool
convert-ly only succeeds if there are not too many tweakings in the
score. :-(

Nevertheless, I'd be glad about a helpful hint.

Best Regards           Roland


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: giving up frustrated ... :-(

Pedro Kröger
Roland Goretzki <[hidden email]> writes:

> Trying to install
>   guile-1.6_1.6.7-1.1_i386.deb
> with dpkg -i results in the following error:

I suppose the best way is

apt-get install guile-1.6

so it will take care of all dependencies for you.

Pedro Kröger


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: giving up frustrated ... :-(

Roland Goretzki
Hello list, hello Pedro,

You wrote:

> Roland Goretzki <[hidden email]> writes:
> I suppose the best way is
>
> apt-get install guile-1.6
>
> so it will take care of all dependencies for you.

Well, I did so on my unstable system, the only system with e-mail and
internet (host neptun), but the version problem was the same.
The version, which existed there, was guile 1.6.4.
I tried to update with apt-get update and then to install as You
suggested with apt-get install guile-1.6, and the problem with e2fsprogs
came the first time.

Since this moment, on neptun it is not yet possible for many other
programs and packages to update, they all conflict with e2fsprogs.

So I had the idea to make a clean new stable system on my notebook to
get the possibility to work with lilypond again ...

There now, on pluto (without internet), there is the same version guile
1.6.4. Only for this reason I tried with dpkg after fetching the .deb
per ssh from neptun.

In one of the list-e-mails was said, that the autopackage would success
also on older systems, so I cannot quite believe, that guile 1.6.4 is
that wrong ...

Thanks for the help, though it is not yet helpful! ;-)

Best Regards           Roland


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: giving up frustrated ... :-(

Jan Nieuwenhuizen
In reply to this post by Roland Goretzki
Roland Goretzki writes:

> roland@pluto:~/noten/2.3.6.1$ ./lilypond-2.6.3.1-upgrade.x86.package

Please use the full version.  The -upgrade package does not not contain
guile or any other dependencies.

> with dpkg -i results in the following error:

However, you should ask on a debian-user forum how to get your
installation fixed.  apt-get update, apt-get upgrade/install
should work, or you'll get in trouble later.

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[hidden email]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: giving up frustrated ... :-(

Peter Mogensen
In reply to this post by Roland Goretzki
Roland Goretzki wrote:
> Hi at all,
>
> since many weeks now I would like to use lilypond 2.6.x on my debian
> system, but with autopacke there was a problem concerning the guile
> version.
>
> Now, after completely new installing a clean debian sarge 3.1 system
> (from printemps 2004) there still remaines the following problem:
...

>   # Checking for Guile ... failed
>   # FAIL:
>   # Package 'Guile' was found but was of the wrong version and the correct version could not be located.
>   #
...

> Trying to install
>   guile-1.6_1.6.7-1.1_i386.deb
> with dpkg -i results in the following error:
>
>   dpkg: regarding libc6_2.3.5-6_i386.deb containing libc6:
>    libc6 conflicts with e2fsprogs (<< 1.35-7)
>     e2fsprogs (version 1.34+1.35-WIP-2004.01.31-1) is installed.
>   dpkg: error processing libc6_2.3.5-6_i386.deb (--install):
>    conflicting packages - not installing libc6
>   Errors were encountered while processing:
>    libc6_2.3.5-6_i386.deb


Strange... I installed 2.6.3 on my Sarge from source.
The only problem I had was that I had to install a newer version of
FontForge from source too. (Lily complains about an old gs too, but it
seems to work).

Maybe this will help you:

$ dpkg -l libc6
+++-==============-==============-============================================
ii  libc6          2.3.2.ds1-22.d GNU C Library: Shared libraries and
Timezone


$ dpkg -l guile*
+++-==============-==============-============================================
un  guile          <none>         (no description available)
ii  guile-1.6      1.6.7-1        The GNU extension language and Scheme
interp
ii  guile-1.6-dev  1.6.7-1        Development files for Guile 1.6
pn  guile-1.6-doc  <none>         (no description available)
ii  guile-1.6-libs 1.6.7-1        Main Guile libraries
ii  guile-1.6-slib 1.6.7-1        Guile SLIB support
ii  guile-common   1.4-26         Common files for all guile versions
pn  guile-db       <none>         (no description available)
un  guile-dev      <none>         (no description available)
un  guile-doc      <none>         (no description available)
un  guile-lib      <none>         (no description available)
ii  guile-library  0.1.2-1        Library of useful Guile modules
pn  guile-pg       <none>         (no description available)
pn  guile-www      <none>         (no description available)
un  guile1.3       <none>         (no description available)
un  guile1.3-doc   <none>         (no description available)
ii  guile1.4       1.4-26         The GNU extension language and Scheme
interp
pn  guile1.4-doc   <none>         (no description available)
pn  guile1.4-slib  <none>         (no description available)


Peter


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: giving up frustrated ... :-(

Pedro Kröger
In reply to this post by Roland Goretzki
Roland Goretzki <[hidden email]> writes:

> Since this moment, on neptun it is not yet possible for many other
> programs and packages to update, they all conflict with e2fsprogs.

well, this seem to be a problem with sid. the name 'unstable' has been
really appropriate these days :-)

> So I had the idea to make a clean new stable system on my notebook to
> get the possibility to work with lilypond again ...

I think that's the best idea. I used to use sid, but I gave up because
of things like that. now I'm giving sourcemage a try :-)

> There now, on pluto (without internet), there is the same version guile
> 1.6.4. Only for this reason I tried with dpkg after fetching the .deb
> per ssh from neptun.

but this .deb was originally compiled for sid or sarge?

Pedro


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
E M
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Command line interface for Mac OS X

E M
I really like this program!, and have been able to
make really nice scores. Much better than the old hand
written and photo copied stuff we used to pass out.

However...

It would be helpful if there was a way to batch
process files, especially without the gui. Is there a
command line version that will work on the mac?

Eric


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Command line interface for Mac OS X

Graham Percival-2

On 12-Oct-05, at 5:36 PM, E M wrote:

> It would be helpful if there was a way to batch
> process files, especially without the gui. Is there a
> command line version that will work on the mac?

Absolutely!  Read the README that comes with the OSX package.

- Graham



_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Command line interface for Mac OS X

Henrik Frisk-3
Graham Percival <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> On 12-Oct-05, at 5:36 PM, E M wrote:
>
> > It would be helpful if there was a way to batch
> > process files, especially without the gui. Is there a
> > command line version that will work on the mac?
>
> Absolutely!  Read the README that comes with the OSX package.
>
> Graham

Furthermore, if you are into using Lilypond in CL I can recommend the
Fink 'version' - http://fink.sourceforge.net. The maintainer keeps it up
to date with the stable as well as unstable releases.

/Henrik


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
E M
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Command line interface for Mac OS X

E M
In reply to this post by Graham Percival-2

Yep, Reading the README file was all I needed to do.
Thank you!

E
--- Graham Percival <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> On 12-Oct-05, at 5:36 PM, E M wrote:
>
> > It would be helpful if there was a way to batch
> > process files, especially without the gui. Is
> there a
> > command line version that will work on the mac?
>
> Absolutely!  Read the README that comes with the OSX
> package.
>
> - Graham
>
>



_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Not giving up yet ... Was: Re: giving up frustrated ... :-(

Roland Goretzki-2
In reply to this post by Pedro Kröger
Hello list, hello Pedro,

Thanks for Your answer.

Meanwhile I have installed a new sarge 3.1 (from middle of last week) on
both of my machines.

Now we'll see more ...

Best Regards           Roland


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: giving up frustrated ... :-(

Roland Goretzki-2
In reply to this post by Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Hello list, hello Jan,

Thanks for the answer.

You wrote:
> Roland Goretzki writes:
> > roland@pluto:~/noten/2.3.6.1$ ./lilypond-2.6.3.1-upgrade.x86.package
>
> Please use the full version.  The -upgrade package does not not contain
> guile or any other dependencies.

Oh, yes, I think this is important.
I didn't think about, excuse me, please ...

Now, with a stable new system I tried the full version now.
All went okay, but after installing, there comes the following err-msg
after par example "lilypond --version":

  /home/roland/.local/bin/lilypond-bin-2.6.3.1: error while loading shared
  libraries: libltdl.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
  directory

With apt-cache search this libltdl.so.3 is not to find,
so again I don't know what to do ... mmh ...

Any hints?

Thanks and Best Regards           Roland


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: giving up frustrated ... :-(

Mats Bengtsson-6
A quick search at http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages will help you
find libltdl.

    /Mats

Roland Goretzki wrote:

> Hello list, hello Jan,
>
> Thanks for the answer.
>
> You wrote:
>
>>Roland Goretzki writes:
>>
>>>roland@pluto:~/noten/2.3.6.1$ ./lilypond-2.6.3.1-upgrade.x86.package
>>
>>Please use the full version.  The -upgrade package does not not contain
>>guile or any other dependencies.
>
>
> Oh, yes, I think this is important.
> I didn't think about, excuse me, please ...
>
> Now, with a stable new system I tried the full version now.
> All went okay, but after installing, there comes the following err-msg
> after par example "lilypond --version":
>
>   /home/roland/.local/bin/lilypond-bin-2.6.3.1: error while loading shared
>   libraries: libltdl.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
>   directory
>
> With apt-cache search this libltdl.so.3 is not to find,
> so again I don't know what to do ... mmh ...
>
> Any hints?
>
> Thanks and Best Regards           Roland
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> lilypond-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user

--
=============================================
        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology
        SE-100 44  STOCKHOLM
        Sweden
        Phone: (+46) 8 790 8463
         Fax:   (+46) 8 790 7260
        Email: [hidden email]
        WWW: http://www.s3.kth.se/~mabe
=============================================


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: giving up frustrated ... :-(

Jan Nieuwenhuizen
In reply to this post by Roland Goretzki-2
Roland Goretzki writes:

>   /home/roland/.local/bin/lilypond-bin-2.6.3.1: error while loading shared
>   libraries: libltdl.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
>   directory
>
> With apt-cache search this libltdl.so.3 is not to find,
> so again I don't know what to do ... mmh ...

> Any hints?

try

   apt-get install libltdl3

or the fresh 2.6.4 package, that has libtool included too.

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[hidden email]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: giving up frustrated ... :-(

Roland Goretzki-2
In reply to this post by Mats Bengtsson-6
Hello list, hello /Mats,

You wrote:

> A quick search at http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages will help you
> find libltdl.

Okay, I didn't look for libltdl or libltdl3, but for
libltdl.so.3 with apt-cache search. :-I

With apt-cache search this libltdl3 it was to find.

Thanks and Best Regards           Roland


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

The frust is growing up ... Was: Re: giving up frustrated ... :-(

Roland Goretzki-2
In reply to this post by Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Hello list, hello Jan,

You wrote:
> try
>    apt-get install libltdl3

Thank You, this did work, but afterwards there were two other libs to
install, one after another ...

That did work also, and then lilypond --version gave a good output.


But then came the next desillusionation:
Trying a little example with

  lilypond example-1.ly

results in an error message:

  roland@neptun:~/noten/2.6.3.1/probe > lilypond example-1.ly
  GNU LilyPond 2.6.3.1
  »example-1.ly« wird verarbeitet
  Analysieren...
  Interpretation der Musik...[2]
  Vorverarbeitung der grafischen Elemente...
  Berechne Zeilenumbrüche...
  Zeilenumbrüche werden berechnet...
  Layout nach »example-1.ps« ausgeben...
  /home/roland/.local/bin/lilypond-bin-2.6.3.1: relocation error:
  /home/roland/.local/lib/libguile.so.12: symbol regexec,
  version GLIBC_2.3.4 not defined in file
  libc.so.6 with link time reference

and creates only a .ps-file with 0 bytes.
It's quite awful ...
In the past it was so easy ...

I would like to spend my time on typesetting further scores (under all
for mutopia also) with lilypond, and not on failing tries to install the
program ... :-(

> or the fresh 2.6.4 package, that has libtool included too.

On the lilypond-website I could only find 2.6.4 for fedora or as source
code ...

Best Regards           Roland


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The frust is growing up ... Was: Re: giving up frustrated ... :-(

Roland Goretzki
Hello list,,

I wrote:

> Trying a little example with
>
>   lilypond example-1.ly
>
> results in an error message:
>
>   roland@neptun:~/noten/2.6.3.1/probe > lilypond example-1.ly
>   GNU LilyPond 2.6.3.1
>   [ ... ]
>   /home/roland/.local/bin/lilypond-bin-2.6.3.1: relocation error:
>   /home/roland/.local/lib/libguile.so.12: symbol regexec,
>   version GLIBC_2.3.4 not defined in file
>   libc.so.6 with link time reference
>
> and creates only a .ps-file with 0 bytes.

well, that was with 2.6.3.1, and I've got no answer to this e-mail ...
:-(

Now, after succesfully installing 2.7.12 I got just the same error
message:

/home/roland/.local/bin/lilypond-bin-2.7.12: relocation error:
/home/roland/.local/lib/libguile.so.12: symbol regexec,
version GLIBC_2.3.4 not defined in file
libc.so.6 with link time reference

Who can help me?

Best Regards           Roland


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The frust is growing up ... Was: Re: giving up frustrated ... :-(

Erik Sandberg
On Thursday 27 October 2005 01.59, Roland Goretzki wrote:

> Hello list,,
>
> I wrote:
> > Trying a little example with
> >
> >   lilypond example-1.ly
> >
> > results in an error message:
> >
> >   roland@neptun:~/noten/2.6.3.1/probe > lilypond example-1.ly
> >   GNU LilyPond 2.6.3.1
> >   [ ... ]
> >   /home/roland/.local/bin/lilypond-bin-2.6.3.1: relocation error:
> >   /home/roland/.local/lib/libguile.so.12: symbol regexec,
> >   version GLIBC_2.3.4 not defined in file
> >   libc.so.6 with link time reference
> >
> > and creates only a .ps-file with 0 bytes.
>
> well, that was with 2.6.3.1, and I've got no answer to this e-mail ...
>
> :-(
>
> Now, after succesfully installing 2.7.12 I got just the same error
> message:
>
> /home/roland/.local/bin/lilypond-bin-2.7.12: relocation error:
> /home/roland/.local/lib/libguile.so.12: symbol regexec,
> version GLIBC_2.3.4 not defined in file
> libc.so.6 with link time reference
>
> Who can help me?

Well, a 2.6.3 .deb is in debian unstable now, so perhaps you can try that.

--
Erik


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The frust is growing up ... Was: Re: giving up frustrated ... :-(

Mats Bengtsson-6
In reply to this post by Roland Goretzki
Forwarded to bug-lilypond!

Is really the autopackage compiled against libc 2.3.4? If it should
work on "almost any Linux system", then it has to be compatible with
older versions of libc. On Debian stable, for example, libc has version
2.3.2.

    /Mats

Roland Goretzki wrote:

> Hello list,,
>
> I wrote:
>
>
>>Trying a little example with
>>
>>  lilypond example-1.ly
>>
>>results in an error message:
>>
>>  roland@neptun:~/noten/2.6.3.1/probe > lilypond example-1.ly
>>  GNU LilyPond 2.6.3.1
>>  [ ... ]
>>  /home/roland/.local/bin/lilypond-bin-2.6.3.1: relocation error:
>>  /home/roland/.local/lib/libguile.so.12: symbol regexec,
>>  version GLIBC_2.3.4 not defined in file
>>  libc.so.6 with link time reference
>>
>>and creates only a .ps-file with 0 bytes.
>
>
> well, that was with 2.6.3.1, and I've got no answer to this e-mail ...
> :-(
>
> Now, after succesfully installing 2.7.12 I got just the same error
> message:
>
> /home/roland/.local/bin/lilypond-bin-2.7.12: relocation error:
> /home/roland/.local/lib/libguile.so.12: symbol regexec,
> version GLIBC_2.3.4 not defined in file
> libc.so.6 with link time reference
>
> Who can help me?
>
> Best Regards           Roland
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> lilypond-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user

--
=============================================
        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology
        SE-100 44  STOCKHOLM
        Sweden
        Phone: (+46) 8 790 8463
         Fax:   (+46) 8 790 7260
        Email: [hidden email]
        WWW: http://www.s3.kth.se/~mabe
=============================================


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The frust is growing up ... Was: Re: giving up frustrated ... :-(

Roland Goretzki
In reply to this post by Erik Sandberg
Hello list, hello Erik,

You wrote:

> Well, a 2.6.3 .deb is in debian unstable now, so perhaps you can try that.

Thank You,
I tried, but on my sarge 3.1 there are some difficulties with
dependencies, so this is not the way ... :-(

Every download (meanwhile more than five) spends over 80 minutes,
because I've only a 56k modem, so I would like to get a REAL solution
soon ...  ;-)

Best Regards           Roland


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
12