general timing feature :

David Currie
I am a (mostly jazz) musician and programmer. Beginner at
lilypond.
If necessary I am prepared to help develop.

I tried...

\time 4/4

\relative{
  c d8 e4 f g a b c
}

...and upon output found 4.5 notes in one bar (should not be
possible).
 (
   In this example the e should be a semi-quaver note tied
to a
   semi-quaver note because the quaver (e) occurs across the
middle
   2 beats of the bar.
   Also the (g) should be a semi-quaver tied to a
semi-quaver
   in the next bar (by sheer calculation).
   Etc for the b.
 )

My question : is there a command to auto adjust notes
according
 to the above (usual) timing rules.

 If not, I would like to put the case for implementing this
  perhaps as \autoAdjustTimings

  Advantages :
   1) saves keystrokes
   2) stops unrecognised mistakes eg as above
   3) if not right just retype + recompile

 Please advise also if I have transmitted this correctly
  as I try not to use outlook express.

Re: general timing feature :

Graham Percival-2

On 17-Aug-05, at 7:28 PM, David Currie wrote:

> My question : is there a command to auto adjust notes
> according
>  to the above (usual) timing rules.

6.2.7 Automatic note splitting.

Re: general timing feature :

Pedro Kröger
"David Currie" <[hidden email]> writes:

> My question : is there a command to auto adjust notes
> according
>  to the above (usual) timing rules.

yes, check the example completion-heads.ly in the regression tests:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.7/input/regression/out-www/collated-files.html

Cheers,

Pedro