footers and footer placement

Sean Reed
hi list,

i have a question concerning footers and footer placement.

my publisher has a specific standard for their scores, by which the
copyright is to be on the first page in the bottom left hand corner.
also on the first page, the work number is to be in the bottom right
hand corner, on all consecutive pages, the work number is to be
centered at the bottom of the page.

i found the "copyright" tag in the header section, but it centers the
given text. is there a way to place it on the right?

is there then also a way to set separate placement of the work number
once for the first page and then differently for all subsequent pages?

i would appreciate any tips.

ly 2.7.0-1 on mac 10.4.2

best,
sean

Re: footers and footer placement

Laura Conrad

    SR> my publisher has a specific standard for their scores, by which the
    SR> copyright is to be on the first page in the bottom left hand corner.
    SR> also on the first page, the work number is to be in the bottom right
    SR> hand corner, on all consecutive pages, the work number is to be
    SR> centered at the bottom of the page.

I use lilypond-book with the latex "memoir" package for things like
that.

--
Laura (mailto:[hidden email] , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097 fax: (501) 641-5011

Re: footers and footer placement

Nicolas Sceaux
Sean Reed <[hidden email]> writes:

> hi list,
>
> i have a question concerning footers and footer placement.
>
> my publisher has a specific standard for their scores, by which the
> copyright is to be on the first page in the bottom left hand corner.
> also on the first page, the work number is to be in the bottom right
> hand corner, on all consecutive pages, the work number is to be
> centered at the bottom of the page.
>
> i found the "copyright" tag in the header section, but it centers the
> given text. is there a way to place it on the right?
>
> is there then also a way to set separate placement of the work number
> once for the first page and then differently for all subsequent pages?
>
> i would appreciate any tips.
>
> ly 2.7.0-1 on mac 10.4.2

You should read:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.7/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Creating-titles.html
espacially the end.

\version "2.7.3"

\paper {
  oddFooterMarkup = \markup \column {
    \on-the-fly #first-page \fill-line {
      \fromproperty #'header:copyright
      " "
      \fromproperty #'header:worknumber
    }
    \on-the-fly #not-first-page \fill-line {
      \fromproperty #'header:worknumber
  evenFooterMarkup = \markup \fill-line {
    \fromproperty #'header:worknumber

\header {
  copyright = "copyright notice"
  worknumber = "work #12345"
}

\repeat unfold 20 { c' d' e' f' \break }