fix for Windows Exited with return code -1073741819 ?

fix for Windows Exited with return code -1073741819 ?

damianlegassick
Hi all

I know that this has come up a few times and I'm aware that it's a Windows 32 bit memory issue

but does anyone actually have a fix? I have to work on a windows machine atm.

thanks

Damian

Re: fix for Windows Exited with return code -1073741819 ?

Karlin High
On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 4:30 AM damianlegassick <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I know that this has come up a few times and I'm aware that it's a Windows 32 bit memory issue
> but does anyone actually have a fix? I have to work on a windows machine atm.

This might not rise to the level of a "fix." But with the recent
Windows 10 versions there's an option to use Windows Subsystem for
Linux for running the 64-bit Linux version of LilyPond.
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA

Re: fix for Windows Exited with return code -1073741819 ?

damianlegassick

> On 25 Sep 2020, at 13:50, Karlin High <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 4:30 AM damianlegassick <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I know that this has come up a few times and I'm aware that it's a Windows 32 bit memory issue
>> but does anyone actually have a fix? I have to work on a windows machine atm.
>
> This might not rise to the level of a "fix." But with the recent
> Windows 10 versions there's an option to use Windows Subsystem for
> Linux for running the 64-bit Linux version of LilyPond.
> --
> Karlin High
> Missouri, USA

that could well be enough of a fix for now - I’ll try it thanks

Re: fix for Windows Exited with return code -1073741819 ?

Andrew Bernard
What Windows are you running? Most Windows 10 systems are 64 bit,
althought I recall 32 bit was supported, not sure now. I am not sure
Windows 10 32 bit would run the 64 bit Linux subsystems. Tell us your
OS details.

Andrew

Re: fix for Windows Exited with return code -1073741819 ?

Carl Sorensen-3
The issue is not that Windows is 32-bit, but that the Windows version of Lilypond is created with a 32-bit architecture (we don't have a mingw-64 build).

Carl