figures above staff in explicit FiguredBass

figures above staff in explicit FiguredBass

Leszek Wroński
Dear Experts,

I would like to have the figures in my figured bass to be engraved above the staff. This piece of documentation: http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/snippets/contexts-and-engravers says the following:

"When writing a figured bass, you can place the figures above or below the bass notes, by defining the BassFigureAlignmentPositioning.direction property (exclusively in a Staff context)."

My problem is that I am not in a Staff context. Based on a previous suggestion by Carl Sorensen about horizontal alignment of figures (thank you very much again!) I am now using an explicitly instantiated FiguredBass:

{
  \clef bass << { c2 }
                \new FiguredBass  { \figuremode  <7>2 <6-> }}

}

What should I do to position the figures above the staff? Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,

Leszek Wroński.

Re: figures above staff in explicit FiguredBass

Leo Correia de Verdier
Something like:

  \new Staff = "basso" {
    \clef bass c1 }
  \new FiguredBass \with { alignAboveContext = "basso" }
  \figuremode {
    <7>2 <6-> }

> 2 sep. 2020 kl. 11:25 skrev Leszek Wroński <[hidden email]>:
>
> Dear Experts,
>
> I would like to have the figures in my figured bass to be engraved above the staff. This piece of documentation: http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/snippets/contexts-and-engravers says the following:
>
> "When writing a figured bass, you can place the figures above or below the bass notes, by defining the BassFigureAlignmentPositioning.direction property (exclusively in a Staff context)."
>
> My problem is that I am not in a Staff context. Based on a previous suggestion by Carl Sorensen about horizontal alignment of figures (thank you very much again!) I am now using an explicitly instantiated FiguredBass:
>
> {
>   \clef bass << { c2 }
>                 \new FiguredBass  { \figuremode  <7>2 <6-> }}
>   >>
> }
>
> What should I do to position the figures above the staff? Thank you very much in advance!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Leszek Wroński.

Re: figures above staff in explicit FiguredBass

Leszek Wroński
Thank you very much! The 'alignAboveContext' bit did the trick!

Best regards,

Leszek.