extra bar

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

extra bar

Arthur Dyck
Can anyone tell me why I have an extra bar before the double bar?  I don't
want it.

\version "2.6.0"
global =
{
        \key g \major
        \set score.timing = ##f
        \set Staff.autoBeaming = ##f
}
\layout {
        raggedright = ##t
}
\header {       
                title = ""
                subtitle = ""
                tagline = ""  
                poet = ""
                composer = ""   
}

#(set-global-staff-size 15)

upperOne =
        \relative c''{
        \voiceOne
        \key g \major
        a2 b1 \bar "|."
                }
        
upperTwo =  
        \relative c'{
        \voiceTwo
        fis2 g1
}

lowerOne =      
        \relative c' {
        \key g \major
        \voiceOne
        d2 d1
}

lowerTwo =  
        \relative c {
        \voiceTwo
        d2 g1
}

firstverse = \lyricmode {
        A -- men
     }


\score{
        \context StaffGroup<<
                \context Staff = "upper"
                        
                        <<
                        \clef treble
                        \context Voice = "one" \upperOne
                        \context Voice = "two" \upperTwo
                        >>
                        
                \lyricsto "one" \new Lyrics {
                                        \firstverse
                                        }

                        
                \context Staff = "lower" <<
                                        
                                        \clef bass
                                        \context Voice = "one" \lowerOne
                                        \context Voice = "two" \lowerTwo
                                        >>
                >>

\layout {
                
                \context{\Staff
                        \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
                }
                \context{\StaffGroup
                }

                \context{\Score
                barNumberVisibility = #all-invisible
                }
        }


\midi { }                       
}
\paper {

        topmargin = .0\in
        leftmargin = .1\in
        linewidth = 5\in
        indent = 0
        pagenumber = "no"
        }

Thanks.

Arthur

_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: extra bar

tedneeman
If you don't want barlines (except where you specify
them explicitly) add /cadenzaOn to any of the parts.
Otherwise it will add bars in 4/4 (default) time.

Cheers,
Edward Neeman
--- Arthur Dyck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me why I have an extra bar before
> the double bar?  I don't
> want it.
>
> \version "2.6.0"
> global =
> {
>         \key g \major
>         \set score.timing = ##f
>         \set Staff.autoBeaming = ##f
> }
> \layout {
>         raggedright = ##t
> }
> \header {      
>                 title = ""
>                 subtitle = ""
>                 tagline = ""  
>                 poet = ""
>                 composer = ""  
> }
>
> #(set-global-staff-size 15)
>
> upperOne =
>         \relative c''{
>         \voiceOne
>         \key g \major
>         a2 b1 \bar "|."
>                 }
>        
> upperTwo =  
>         \relative c'{
>         \voiceTwo
>         fis2 g1
> }
>
> lowerOne =      
>         \relative c' {
>         \key g \major
>         \voiceOne
>         d2 d1
> }
>
> lowerTwo =  
>         \relative c {
>         \voiceTwo
>         d2 g1
> }
>
> firstverse = \lyricmode {
>         A -- men
>      }
>
>
> \score{
>         \context StaffGroup<<
>                 \context Staff = "upper"
>                        
>                         <<
>                         \clef treble
>                         \context Voice = "one"
> \upperOne
>                         \context Voice = "two"
> \upperTwo
>                         >>
>                        
>                 \lyricsto "one" \new Lyrics {
>                                         \firstverse
>                                         }
>
>                        
>                 \context Staff = "lower" <<
>                                        
>                                         \clef bass
>                                         \context
> Voice = "one" \lowerOne
>                                         \context
> Voice = "two" \lowerTwo
>                                         >>
>                 >>
>
> \layout {
>                
>                 \context{\Staff
>                         \remove
> "Time_signature_engraver"
>                 }
>                 \context{\StaffGroup
>                 }
>
>                 \context{\Score
>                 barNumberVisibility = #all-invisible
>                 }
>         }
>
>
> \midi { }                      
> }
> \paper {
>
>         topmargin = .0\in
>         leftmargin = .1\in
>         linewidth = 5\in
>         indent = 0
>         pagenumber = "no"
>         }
>
> Thanks.
>
> Arthur
> > _______________________________________________
> lilypond-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
>



               
____________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Movies: Check out the Latest Trailers,
Premiere Photos
and full Actor Database.
http://au.movies.yahoo.com


       

       
               
____________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Photos: Now with unlimited storage
http://au.photos.yahoo.com


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: extra bar

Mats Bengtsson-6
Actually, \cadenzaOn is just a shorthand for
\set Timing.timing = ##f
Arthur's code would probably work as expected if changed
score.timing into Score.timing or Timing.Timing (the latter
is recommended) or the shorthand \cadenzaOn.
Note that LilyPond is sensitive about uppercase/lowercase!

   /Mats

Edward Neeman wrote:

>If you don't want barlines (except where you specify
>them explicitly) add /cadenzaOn to any of the parts.
>Otherwise it will add bars in 4/4 (default) time.
>
>Cheers,
>Edward Neeman
>--- Arthur Dyck <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  
>
>>Can anyone tell me why I have an extra bar before
>>the double bar?  I don't
>>want it.
>>
>>\version "2.6.0"
>>global =
>>{
>>        \key g \major
>>        \set score.timing = ##f
>>        \set Staff.autoBeaming = ##f
>>}
>>\layout {
>>        raggedright = ##t
>>}
>>\header {      
>>                title = ""
>>                subtitle = ""
>>                tagline = ""  
>>                poet = ""
>>                composer = ""  
>>}
>>
>>#(set-global-staff-size 15)
>>
>>upperOne =
>>        \relative c''{
>>        \voiceOne
>>        \key g \major
>>        a2 b1 \bar "|."
>>                }
>>        
>>upperTwo =  
>>        \relative c'{
>>        \voiceTwo
>>        fis2 g1
>>}
>>
>>lowerOne =      
>>        \relative c' {
>>        \key g \major
>>        \voiceOne
>>        d2 d1
>>}
>>
>>lowerTwo =  
>>        \relative c {
>>        \voiceTwo
>>        d2 g1
>>}
>>
>>firstverse = \lyricmode {
>>        A -- men
>>     }
>>
>>
>>\score{
>>        \context StaffGroup<<
>>                \context Staff = "upper"
>>                        
>>                        <<
>>                        \clef treble
>>                        \context Voice = "one"
>>\upperOne
>>                        \context Voice = "two"
>>\upperTwo
>>                        >>
>>                        
>>                \lyricsto "one" \new Lyrics {
>>                                        \firstverse
>>                                        }
>>
>>                        
>>                \context Staff = "lower" <<
>>                                        
>>                                        \clef bass
>>                                        \context
>>Voice = "one" \lowerOne
>>                                        \context
>>Voice = "two" \lowerTwo
>>                                        >>
>>                >>
>>
>>\layout {
>>                
>>                \context{\Staff
>>                        \remove
>>"Time_signature_engraver"
>>                }
>>                \context{\StaffGroup
>>                }
>>
>>                \context{\Score
>>                barNumberVisibility = #all-invisible
>>                }
>>        }
>>
>>
>>\midi { }                      
>>}
>>\paper {
>>
>>        topmargin = .0\in
>>        leftmargin = .1\in
>>        linewidth = 5\in
>>        indent = 0
>>        pagenumber = "no"
>>        }
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>Arthur
>>    
>>
>>>_______________________________________________
>>>      
>>>
>>lilypond-user mailing list
>>[hidden email]
>>http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
>>
>>    
>>
>
>
>
>
>____________________________________________________
>Do you Yahoo!?
>The New Yahoo! Movies: Check out the Latest Trailers,
>Premiere Photos
>and full Actor Database.
>http://au.movies.yahoo.com
>
>
>
>
>
>
>____________________________________________________
>Do you Yahoo!?
>Yahoo! Photos: Now with unlimited storage
>http://au.photos.yahoo.com
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>lilypond-user mailing list
>[hidden email]
>http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
>  
>

--
=============================================
        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology
        SE-100 44  STOCKHOLM
        Sweden
        Phone: (+46) 8 790 8463
        Fax:   (+46) 8 790 7260
        Email: [hidden email]
        WWW: http://www.s3.kth.se/~mabe
=============================================



_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: extra bar

Arthur Dyck
Thank you both for your suggestions.  They are very helpful.

Arthur

On Wednesday 02 November 2005 04:36 am, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

> Actually, \cadenzaOn is just a shorthand for
> \set Timing.timing = ##f
> Arthur's code would probably work as expected if changed
> score.timing into Score.timing or Timing.Timing (the latter
> is recommended) or the shorthand \cadenzaOn.
> Note that LilyPond is sensitive about uppercase/lowercase!
>
>    /Mats
>
> Edward Neeman wrote:
> >If you don't want barlines (except where you specify
> >them explicitly) add /cadenzaOn to any of the parts.
> >Otherwise it will add bars in 4/4 (default) time.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >Edward Neeman
> >
> >--- Arthur Dyck <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>Can anyone tell me why I have an extra bar before
> >>the double bar?  I don't
> >>want it.
> >>
> >>\version "2.6.0"
> >>global =
> >>{
> >>        \key g \major
> >>        \set score.timing = ##f
> >>        \set Staff.autoBeaming = ##f
> >>}
> >>\layout {
> >>        raggedright = ##t
> >>}
> >>\header {
> >>                title = ""
> >>                subtitle = ""
> >>                tagline = ""
> >>                poet = ""
> >>                composer = ""
> >>}
> >>
> >>#(set-global-staff-size 15)
> >>
> >>upperOne =
> >>        \relative c''{
> >>        \voiceOne
> >>        \key g \major
> >>        a2 b1 \bar "|."
> >>                }
> >>
> >>upperTwo =
> >>        \relative c'{
> >>        \voiceTwo
> >>        fis2 g1
> >>}
> >>
> >>lowerOne =
> >>        \relative c' {
> >>        \key g \major
> >>        \voiceOne
> >>        d2 d1
> >>}
> >>
> >>lowerTwo =
> >>        \relative c {
> >>        \voiceTwo
> >>        d2 g1
> >>}
> >>
> >>firstverse = \lyricmode {
> >>        A -- men
> >>     }
> >>
> >>
> >>\score{
> >>        \context StaffGroup<<
> >>                \context Staff = "upper"
> >>
> >>                        <<
> >>                        \clef treble
> >>                        \context Voice = "one"
> >>\upperOne
> >>                        \context Voice = "two"
> >>\upperTwo
> >>
> >>
> >>                \lyricsto "one" \new Lyrics {
> >>                                        \firstverse
> >>                                        }
> >>
> >>
> >>                \context Staff = "lower" <<
> >>
> >>                                        \clef bass
> >>                                        \context
> >>Voice = "one" \lowerOne
> >>                                        \context
> >>Voice = "two" \lowerTwo
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>\layout {
> >>
> >>                \context{\Staff
> >>                        \remove
> >>"Time_signature_engraver"
> >>                }
> >>                \context{\StaffGroup
> >>                }
> >>
> >>                \context{\Score
> >>                barNumberVisibility = #all-invisible
> >>                }
> >>        }
> >>
> >>
> >>\midi { }
> >>}
> >>\paper {
> >>
> >>        topmargin = .0\in
> >>        leftmargin = .1\in
> >>        linewidth = 5\in
> >>        indent = 0
> >>        pagenumber = "no"
> >>        }
> >>
> >>Thanks.
> >>
> >>Arthur
> >>
> >>>_______________________________________________
> >>
> >>lilypond-user mailing list
> >>[hidden email]
> >>http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
> >
> >____________________________________________________
> >Do you Yahoo!?
> >The New Yahoo! Movies: Check out the Latest Trailers,
> >Premiere Photos
> >and full Actor Database.
> >http://au.movies.yahoo.com
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >____________________________________________________
> >Do you Yahoo!?
> >Yahoo! Photos: Now with unlimited storage
> >http://au.photos.yahoo.com
> >
> >
> >_______________________________________________
> >lilypond-user mailing list
> >[hidden email]
> >http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: extra bar

Graham Percival-2
In reply to this post by Mats Bengtsson-6

On 2-Nov-05, at 1:36 AM, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

> Actually, \cadenzaOn is just a shorthand for
> \set Timing.timing = ##f
> Arthur's code would probably work as expected if changed
> score.timing into Score.timing or Timing.Timing (the latter
> is recommended) or the shorthand \cadenzaOn.

This is why I always use those shorthands if they're available.  It
doesn't matter if the underlying lilypond syntax changes from
Score.timing to Timing.Timing or Bars.Times or Foo.Buzzle ; as long as
the lilypond devel team updates the definition of \cadenzaOn, all will
be well.

Cheers,
- Graham



_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: extra bar

Graham Percival-2
Please keep lilypond traffic on the mailist.  \cadenzaOn controls a
score property, so if you add it to one staff (any staff), it will
apply to all of them.

- Graham

On 25-Dec-05, at 7:18 PM, Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence wrote:

> My question - re; these responses.
> can I add /cadenzaOn to just 'any' staff and suddenly none of my
> staves will have the default
> or
> do I need to add it to the 'top' staff
> or
> to all the staves that this requires. Which for my new composition is
> all of them.
>
> The barline default, I'm finding confusing as I would expect (just
> like you have to bes for all bes's even though the key is f major) all
> the staves to need the same instructions in the same places.  But this
> is clearly not the case but I've yet to come up with a rationale to
> explain what the default it.
> Jay
>
> Graham Percival wrote:
>
>>
>> On 2-Nov-05, at 1:36 AM, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
>>
>>> Actually, \cadenzaOn is just a shorthand for
>>> \set Timing.timing = ##f
>>> Arthur's code would probably work as expected if changed
>>> score.timing into Score.timing or Timing.Timing (the latter
>>> is recommended) or the shorthand \cadenzaOn.
>>
>>
>> This is why I always use those shorthands if they're available.  It
>> doesn't matter if the underlying lilypond syntax changes from
>> Score.timing to Timing.Timing or Bars.Times or Foo.Buzzle ; as long
>> as the lilypond devel team updates the definition of \cadenzaOn, all
>> will be well.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> - Graham
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> lilypond-user mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
>>
>>
>
> --
> Childhood is a Journey not a race- Emma Sadinsky aged 8
> Jay Hamilton
> Sound and Silence
> 206-328-7694
> www.soundand.com
>



_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user