etf2ly.exe doesn't work on Win98

stk

etf2ly.exe doesn't work on Win98

stk
Hello,

I downloaded and unzipped lilypond-tools-2.6.0.zip.
I then ran abc2ly.exe on a xxxxxxxx.abc file; this gave me
a correct xxxxxxxx.ly file, which I fed to LilyPond, and
that gave me both a correct PDF file and a correct midi file.

But when I ran etf2ly.exe on a Finale Notepad file 2005test.mus,
I got a 2005test.mus.ly file that contained only one single line:

% lily was here -- automatically converted by etf2ly from 2005test.mus

That .mus file was produced directly with Finale Notepad 2005;
it contained a 2-bar scale.

I also ran etf2ly.exe on a .mus file produced directly with
Finale Notepad 2001 (whose binary output format differs from
the 2005 version) -- and I got the same result from etf2ly.

If this is specifically a Win98 problem, I don't want to bother you;
but are there users who have gotten etf2ly.exe to work on WinXP ?

Thanks.

-- Tom

Re: etf2ly.exe doesn't work on Win98

Paul Scott-3
[hidden email] wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I downloaded and unzipped lilypond-tools-2.6.0.zip.
>I then ran abc2ly.exe on a xxxxxxxx.abc file; this gave me
>a correct xxxxxxxx.ly file, which I fed to LilyPond, and
>that gave me both a correct PDF file and a correct midi file.
>
>But when I ran etf2ly.exe on a Finale Notepad file 2005test.mus,
>I got a 2005test.mus.ly file that contained only one single line:
>
>% lily was here -- automatically converted by etf2ly from 2005test.mus
>
>That .mus file was produced directly with Finale Notepad 2005;
>it contained a 2-bar scale.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't think ETF was the same as MUS.

Paul Scott

stk

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005, Paul Scott wrote:

> Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't think ETF was the same as MUS.
>
> Paul Scott

!!! Thank you.  You saved me from wasting time on that!

Looking at a  .MUS file (from Finale Notepad) with a hex editor that also
displays text, the first thing you see is ENIGMA BINARY FORMAT.  I had
mistakenly assumed that Enigma Transport Format was the same thing.