end of Python2

m.tarenskeen

Hi,

This has been discussed here before but https://pythonclock.org/ made me
wonder in which direction LilyPond and Frescobaldi are currently going. Is
there anything I have to worry about?

With Lilypond Python2.4 is still bundled, without a bundled Python I have
an already installed Python 2.7, and the Lilypond-related python tools
(like musicxml2ly) I need all seem to work.

Unlike Lilypond, Frescobaldi3 is already more prepared for Python3.

Having to depend on all these different Python versions isn't an ideal
situation. If we only had more manpower and active developers ...

--

MT

Re: end of Python2

Urs Liska-3
Hi Martin,

23. September 2019 11:17, "Martin Tarenskeen" <[hidden email]> schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> This has been discussed here before but https://pythonclock.org made me
> wonder in which direction LilyPond and Frescobaldi are currently going.

Well, if you're wondering about the direction then you might just read up the corresponding threads from the last days.

> Unlike Lilypond, Frescobaldi3 is already more prepared for Python3.

Frescobaldi is not "more prepared" for Python3. Frescobaldi is fully ported to Python3 and hasn't even worked with Python2 anymore  for some years now.

Urs

Re: end of Python2

m.tarenskeen
   I guess "more prepared" was an understatement ...
   Verzonden vanaf mijn Huawei mobiele telefoon