\encoding

Cameron Horsburgh
Hi folks,

The 2.4 series news file tells me that

"The encoding of a file can be switched with \encoding. The strings for
markup texts are translated automatically."

Is this still relevant?

Cam

Re: \encoding

Daniel Johnson-2
Cameron Horsburgh wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> The 2.4 series news file tells me that
>
> "The encoding of a file can be switched with \encoding. The strings for
> markup texts are translated automatically."
>
> Is this still relevant?
>
> Cam

With the introduction of UTF-8 support in the 2.5 series, this became
obsolete.

Re: \encoding

Cameron Horsburgh
Daniel Johnson wrote:

> Cameron Horsburgh wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> The 2.4 series news file tells me that
>>
>> "The encoding of a file can be switched with \encoding. The strings for
>> markup texts are translated automatically."
>>
>> Is this still relevant?
>>
>> Cam
>
> With the introduction of UTF-8 support in the 2.5 series, this became
> obsolete.

That's what I thought. Ta.

Cam