does musicglyph work?

Art Hixson
I have tried every construction I can think of for musicglyph.  I get
the note but not the fermata (or any other symbol).  This snippet is
copied straight from the documentation.  What am I missing?

d'4^\markup { \musicglyph  #"scripts-ufermata"  }

I want to use the markup form with the hope of repositioning the fermata.

--Art Hixson

Re: does musicglyph work?

Tapio Tuovila
Art Hixson kirjoitti:

> I have tried every construction I can think of for musicglyph.  I get
> the note but not the fermata (or any other symbol).  This snippet is
> copied straight from the documentation.  What am I missing?
>
> d'4^\markup { \musicglyph  #"scripts-ufermata"  }
>
> I want to use the markup form with the hope of repositioning the fermata.
>
> --Art Hixson

Hi,

if you are using a recent version of lilypond you should have
d'4^\markup { \musicglyph  #"scripts.ufermata"  }

that is: a dot (.) not a dash (-) between scripts and ufermata. Then it
works.

My best,
Tapio

Re: does musicglyph work?

What version of LilyPond do you use? I hope that you read the documentation
corresponding to exactly that version and not an older version of the
manual.

In version 2.6 and later, for example, the naming convention for the symbols
has changed to scripts.ufermata instead of scripts-ufermata.

   /Mats

Art Hixson wrote:

> I have tried every construction I can think of for musicglyph.  I get
> the note but not the fermata (or any other symbol).  This snippet is
> copied straight from the documentation.  What am I missing?
>
> d'4^\markup { \musicglyph  #"scripts-ufermata"  }
>
> I want to use the markup form with the hope of repositioning the fermata.
>
> --Art Hixson

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology
        SE-100 44  STOCKHOLM
        Sweden
        Phone: (+46) 8 790 8463
        Fax:   (+46) 8 790 7260
        Email: [hidden email]
        WWW: http://www.s3.kth.se/~mabe

Re: does musicglyph work?

Art Hixson
Thanks, all.  Yes, I had the wrong docs.  Sorry for the bother.