doc help: reminder

Graham Percival
Recently there's been some discussion about helping with the docs.
Great!
If you're interested, please see this page:
http://lilypond.org/web/devel/participating/documentation-adding

In other words, the only thing you need to do is send an email.  I've
tried to
make it as easy as possible to contribute to the docs.

Re: doc help: reminder

Aaron Mehl
Thanks
I saw.

I am still trying to figure out if there are required
elements in a lilypond file and if they must occur in
a certain place or not.
I started writing a file structure section for the
docs but am stuck on this.

Aaron

--- Graham Percival <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Recently there's been some discussion about helping
> with the docs.
> Great!
> If you're interested, please see this page:

http://lilypond.org/web/devel/participating/documentation-adding

> In other words, the only thing you need to do is
> send an email.  I've
> tried to
> make it as easy as possible to contribute to the
> docs.
>
> Cheers,
> - Graham

Re: doc help: reminder

Graham Percival

On 4-Jun-05, at 1:07 PM, Aaron Mehl wrote:

> I am still trying to figure out if there are required
> elements in a lilypond file

You need a score.  It can be explicit,
\score{
blah blah
}
or you can use a shortcut
{
c'4
blah blah
}
which adds the \score{} part automatically.

>  and if they must occur in
> a certain place or not.

It doesn't matter where they go, but if you use identifiers
cellomusic= { blah blah }
then the identifiers have to be defined before you use them
\cellomusic

Re: doc help: reminder

Aaron Mehl
Ok I finally got it the shortcut {} was making me
crazy.

So a first rule is every lilypond file must have a
score block. Its correlary is that it can be written
out or in a shortcut.

Great.

Now I will go back to the other thread for other
questions so as not to confuse me and anyone else.

Thanks
Aaron

--- Graham Percival <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 4-Jun-05, at 1:07 PM, Aaron Mehl wrote:
>
> > I am still trying to figure out if there are
> required
> > elements in a lilypond file
>
> You need a score.  It can be explicit,
> \score{
> blah blah
> }
> or you can use a shortcut
> {
> c'4
> blah blah
> }
> which adds the \score{} part automatically.
>
> >  and if they must occur in
> > a certain place or not.
>
> It doesn't matter where they go, but if you use
> identifiers
> cellomusic= { blah blah }
> then the identifiers have to be defined before you
> use them
> \cellomusic
>
> - Graham

Re: doc help: reminder

Mats Bengtsson-2

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, Aaron Mehl wrote:

> Ok I finally got it the shortcut {} was making me
> crazy.
>
> So a first rule is every lilypond file must have a
> score block. Its correlary is that it can be written
> out or in a shortcut.

I wouldn't say that it's a rule that a lilypond file should
have at least a score block, but since you need a \score{...}
to get any music output (printed score and/or MIDI), you are
of course right in practice.