doc addition

Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
In section 13.6 Editor support I propose the following modifications.

--------------

- Because LilyPondTool has the most most features and generally (at
least on Windows platforms) it requires almost no configuration, I would
list it as the first.
- Remove the jEdit part and write the following instead:

LilyPondTool
Created as a plugin for the jEdit (http://www.jedit.org) text editor
LilyPondTool is the most feature-rich text-based tool for editing
LilyPond scores. Its features include a Document Wizard with lyrics
support to set up documents easier, embedded PDF viewer with advanced
point-and-click support (e.g. ruler), structure browser with code
folding, instant parser that finds syntax errors while typing, automatic
code completion for commands and tweaking properties, and many more. The
simple way of installation is from jEdit, choosing Plugins > Plugin
Manager and checking LilyPondTool from the install tab. However, most
times jEdit plugin repository will not contain the latest version, so
you should check LilyPondTool's official page
(http://lilypondtool.organum.hu) for the latest version and its
installation instructions. Screenshots and Flash demonstrations are also
available at that site.

- The part "All these editors can be made to jump into the input
file..." is confusing, because LilyPondTool can not be made to jump into
the input file, but jumps out of the box. So I would write

Using these editors you can jump into the input file to the source of a
symbol in the graphical output. LilyPondTool provides this out-of-the
box, using its embedded PDF viewer, but Emacs and Vim needs special
configuration. See Point and click
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/user/lilypond/Point-and-click#Point-and-click>.

Re: doc addition

Han-Wen Nienhuys-2
Bertalan Fodor escreveu:

> In section 13.6 Editor support I propose the following modifications.
>
> --------------
>
> - Because LilyPondTool has the most most features and generally (at
> least on Windows platforms) it requires almost no configuration, I would
> list it as the first.
> - Remove the jEdit part and write the following instead:
>
> LilyPondTool
> Created as a plugin for the jEdit (http://www.jedit.org) text editor
> LilyPondTool is the most feature-rich text-based tool for editing
> LilyPond scores. Its features include a Document Wizard with lyrics
> support to set up documents easier, embedded PDF viewer with advanced
> point-and-click support (e.g. ruler), structure browser with code
> folding, instant parser that finds syntax errors while typing, automatic
> code completion for commands and tweaking properties, and many more. The
> simple way of installation is from jEdit, choosing Plugins > Plugin
> Manager and checking LilyPondTool from the install tab. However, most
> times jEdit plugin repository will not contain the latest version, so
> you should check LilyPondTool's official page
> (http://lilypondtool.organum.hu) for the latest version and its
> installation instructions. Screenshots and Flash demonstrations are also
> available at that site.

I think  it's  good 1st try version, but I think it's very overwhelming.
If you're shorter and more to the point, you will get more people to use
it.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com

Re: doc addition

Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
Ok :-)

Let's make 2nd try:

Created as a plugin for the jEdit (http://www.jedit.org) text editor
LilyPondTool is the most feature-rich text-based tool for editing
LilyPond scores. Its features include a Document Wizard with lyrics
support to set up documents easier, and embedded PDF viewer with advanced
point-and-click support. For screenshots, demos and installation instructions visit http://lilypondtool.organum.hu

> I think  it's  good 1st try version, but I think it's very overwhelming.
> If you're shorter and more to the point, you will get more people to use
> it.

Re: doc addition

Graham Percival-2
Bertalan Fodor wrote:
> Created as a plugin for the jEdit (http://www.jedit.org) text editor
> LilyPondTool is the most feature-rich text-based tool for editing
> LilyPond scores. Its features include a Document Wizard with lyrics
> support to set up documents easier, and embedded PDF viewer with advanced
> point-and-click support. For screenshots, demos and installation
> instructions visit http://lilypondtool.organum.hu

Thanks, updated in git.