doc addition: IR v2.20.0, 3.1.9 Arpeggio, positions

doc addition: IR v2.20.0, 3.1.9 Arpeggio, positions

owaine1
Hi Bug-Lily,

In IR v2.20.0
3.1.9 Arpeggio, positions (pair of numbers),
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.20/Documentation/internals/arpeggio

Says (left . right). Should read (bottom . top).
Please change to read:
----
Pair of staff coordinates (bottom . top), where both bottom and top are in staff-space units of the current staff. For slurs, this value is (left-vertical . right-vertical) and selects which slur candidate to use; if extreme positions are requested, the closest one is taken.
----
"The for slurs part" I've change so it makes sense, but unsure if
"(left-vertical . right-vertical)" too verbose or correct naming convention.

An example of it so it's clear it's (bottom . top) not (left . right)
  \override Staff.Arpeggio.positions = #'(-4 . 4)
  <f' b' e''>\arpeggio
}
Please could it be corrected.
Many thanks,

Owain Evans

Re: doc addition: IR v2.20.0, 3.1.9 Arpeggio, positions

James Lowe-9
Hello Owain

On 26/08/2020 02:47, Owain Evans wrote:

> Hi Bug-Lily,
>
> In IR v2.20.0
> 3.1.9 Arpeggio, positions (pair of numbers),
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.20/Documentation/internals/arpeggio
>
> Says (left . right). Should read (bottom . top).
> Please change to read:
> ----
> Pair of staff coordinates (bottom . top), where both bottom and top are in staff-space units of the current staff. For slurs, this value is (left-vertical . right-vertical) and selects which slur candidate to use; if extreme positions are requested, the closest one is taken.
> ----
> "The for slurs part" I've change so it makes sense, but unsure if
> "(left-vertical . right-vertical)" too verbose or correct naming convention.
>
> An example of it so it's clear it's (bottom . top) not (left . right)
> \version "2.20.0"
> {
>    \override Staff.Arpeggio.positions = #'(-4 . 4)
>    <f' b' e''>\arpeggio
> }
> Please could it be corrected.
> Many thanks,