custos at end of piece!

Andreas Stenberg
Hi!

Is there any easy  way in version 2.18.2 to get a custos at the end of
the (visible) notation in mensural or petrucci voice context?
Without twidling with forcing linebreak & hiding staff & notes & other
objects. That is; having to manufacture a fucking lot of code
to add a rather small sign at end of the last line.

I am curently working on an edition of some rounds/ canons by Th.
Ravenscroft.
Each round/ canon will be given in a) mensural (petrucci voice context)
notation, b) a modern transcript with dashed barlines and
c) a resolution score with parts to help the singers see where they are
(should be) in relation to other voices.

In the mensural rendering I would like to replicate a feature of the
original print:

At the end of each round the original print gives a snippet with the
begining notes + words and the words "ut supra"  =  as above.
This snipet  ends with  a custos showing the note that should follow if
the snippet is read as the first few notes of the piece.

Yours sincerely

Andreas Stenberg

Re: custos at end of piece!

Mark Polesky
Andreas Stenberg wrote:
> Is there any easy way in version 2.18.2 to get a custos at
> the end of the (visible) notation in mensural or petrucci
> voice context?

I haven't checked 2.18.2, but this works in 2.19.5.  It's a
total hack, but play around with it; it might ease your
situation.

Hope it helps.
- Mark

makeCustos =
#(define-music-function
   (parser location X-offset mus)
   (number? ly:music?)
   #{
     \once \override NoteHead.X-extent = #'(0 . 0)
     \once \override NoteHead.extra-offset = #(cons X-offset 0)
     \once \override NoteHead.stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
     \once \override NoteHead.text = \markup { \musicglyph #"custodes.mensural.u1" }
     #mus
   #})

    \new MensuralVoice = "discantus" \relative c'' {
      \hide Score.BarNumber {
        c1\melisma bes a g\melismaEnd f\breve
        \makeCustos 1.25 f1
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "discantus" {