convert-ly on Mac OS

Stanton Sanderson-2
Mac OS 10,14.6, LilyPond 2.21.5-1 (32-bit version, as provided by the LilyPond web-site)
Problem: Selecting “Update Syntax” from the “Compile” menu when the default test file is loaded returns the following error:

 Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/ssanders/Desktop/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/convert-ly", line 81, in <module>
    import convertrules
  File "/Users/ssanders/Desktop/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/python/convertrules.py", line 27, in <module>
    import lilylib
  File "/Users/ssanders/Desktop/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/python/lilylib.py", line 30, in <module>
    sys.stdin = codecs.getreader('utf8')(sys.stdin.detach())
AttributeError: 'file' object has no attribute 'detach'

The Python version shown when App Contents->Frameworks->Python.framework->Versions are shown is 2.6.

Thanks,

Stan

Re: convert-ly on Mac OS

Bugs mailing list
Am Montag, den 17.08.2020, 10:44 -0500 schrieb Stan Sanderson:

> Mac OS 10,14.6, LilyPond 2.21.5-1 (32-bit version, as provided by the LilyPond web-site)
> Problem: Selecting “Update Syntax” from the “Compile” menu when the default test file is loaded returns the following error:
>
>  Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/Users/ssanders/Desktop/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/convert-ly", line 81, in <module>
>     import convertrules
>   File "/Users/ssanders/Desktop/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/python/convertrules.py", line 27, in <module>
>     import lilylib
>   File "/Users/ssanders/Desktop/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/python/lilylib.py", line 30, in <module>
>     sys.stdin = codecs.getreader('utf8')(sys.stdin.detach())
> AttributeError: 'file' object has no attribute 'detach'
>
> The Python version shown when App Contents->Frameworks->Python.framework->Versions are shown is 2.6.
Just to be sure: this happens with LilyPad, the graphical application
that comes with the official installer? If so, that's nothing I could
easily fix because that comes pre-built IIRC. (Maybe somebody with a
Mac could build an update?)
In the mean time, I'd recommend Frescobaldi which hopefully works and
has many more features for inputting scores with LilyPond 😉

Jonas

Re: convert-ly on Mac OS

Stanton Sanderson-2

> On Aug 24, 2020, at 12:41 PM, Jonas Hahnfeld <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Am Montag, den 17.08.2020, 10:44 -0500 schrieb Stan Sanderson:
>> Mac OS 10,14.6, LilyPond 2.21.5-1 (32-bit version, as provided by the LilyPond web-site)
>> Problem: Selecting “Update Syntax” from the “Compile” menu when the default test file is loaded returns the following error:
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>  File "/Users/ssanders/Desktop/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/convert-ly", line 81, in <module>
>>    import convertrules
>>  File "/Users/ssanders/Desktop/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/python/convertrules.py", line 27, in <module>
>>    import lilylib
>>  File "/Users/ssanders/Desktop/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/python/lilylib.py", line 30, in <module>
>>    sys.stdin = codecs.getreader('utf8')(sys.stdin.detach())
>> AttributeError: 'file' object has no attribute 'detach'
>>
>> The Python version shown when App Contents->Frameworks->Python.framework->Versions are shown is 2.6.
>
> Just to be sure: this happens with LilyPad, the graphical application
> that comes with the official installer? If so, that's nothing I could
> easily fix because that comes pre-built IIRC. (Maybe somebody with a
> Mac could build an update?)
> In the mean time, I'd recommend Frescobaldi which hopefully works and
> has many more features for inputting scores with LilyPond 😉
>
> Jonas

Yes, it happens with the official installed version from the website. As mentioned, the Python version installed in the official version appears to be 2.6, which appears to be the source of the problem. The same behavior as described occurs when using Frescobaldi (with the official Mac 32-bit install).

Since posting, I have built and installed lilypond 2.21.5 through MacPorts (“lilypond-devel”). The  Python version used is 2.7. I have also built Frescobaldi-devel with MacPorts. With this configuration, convert-ly works.

Thanks,
Stan