convert-ly broken? in 2.10.0

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

convert-ly broken? in 2.10.0

Tapio Tuovila
Hi,
denemo exports .ly -file \version "2.6.0".
With convert-ly that converts OK up until 2.9.27
but not  .28 or .29.

I noticed some conversation recently about convert-ly being broken on
the lilypond-devel mailing list so I thought this is going to be taken
care of. Now, 2.10.0 (Gub, on SuSE 10.1 -x86) does not either convert
\version "2.6.0" .ly file. The original file stays unaltered and error
message is as follows:


convert-ly --edit /home/[--]mov.ly
convert-ly (GNU LilyPond) 2.10.0
Processing `/home/[--]mov.ly'...
Applying conversion: 2.7.0, 2.7.1, 2.7.2, 2.7.4, 2.7.6, 2.7.10, 2.7.11,
2.7.12, 2.7.13, 2.7.14, Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/tapu/lilypond/usr/bin/convert-ly", line 290, in ?
    main ()
  File "/home/tapu/lilypond/usr/bin/convert-ly", line 284, in main
    do_one_file (f)
  File "/home/tapu/lilypond/usr/bin/convert-ly", line 217, in do_one_file
    (last, result) = do_conversion (infile.read (), from_version,
to_version)
  File "/home/tapu/lilypond/usr/bin/convert-ly", line 162, in do_conversion
    str = x[1] (str)
  File
"/home/tapu/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current/python/convertrules.py",
line 2636, in conv
    r"\\override \1VerticalAxisGroup #'extra-Y-extent")
TypeError: sub() takes at least 3 arguments (2 given)
Processing time: 4 seconds


Greetings,
Tapio


_______________________________________________
lilypond-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

serious (and easy) bug: convert-ly broken? in 2.10.0

Graham Percival-2
Thanks for the report!  This is a very serious bug; I can reproduce it
with a trivial example in 2.10.0-2 on OSX.

\version "2.6.0"
\relative c'' {
   c'4
}

I think it should be easy to fix
----
   File
"/Users/gperciva/Apps/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/python/convertrules.py",
line 2636, in conv
     r"\\override \1VerticalAxisGroup #'extra-Y-extent")
TypeError: sub() takes at least 3 arguments (2 given)
----

Han-Wen, should I add this to google?  I think it's a one-line fix, so I
don't think it's necessary.

Cheers,
- Graham


Tapio Tuovila wrote:

>
> convert-ly --edit /home/[--]mov.ly
> convert-ly (GNU LilyPond) 2.10.0
> Processing `/home/[--]mov.ly'...
> Applying conversion: 2.7.0, 2.7.1, 2.7.2, 2.7.4, 2.7.6, 2.7.10, 2.7.11,
> 2.7.12, 2.7.13, 2.7.14, Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/tapu/lilypond/usr/bin/convert-ly", line 290, in ?
>     main ()
>   File "/home/tapu/lilypond/usr/bin/convert-ly", line 284, in main
>     do_one_file (f)
>   File "/home/tapu/lilypond/usr/bin/convert-ly", line 217, in do_one_file
>     (last, result) = do_conversion (infile.read (), from_version,
> to_version)
>   File "/home/tapu/lilypond/usr/bin/convert-ly", line 162, in do_conversion
>     str = x[1] (str)
>   File
> "/home/tapu/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current/python/convertrules.py",
> line 2636, in conv
>     r"\\override \1VerticalAxisGroup #'extra-Y-extent")
> TypeError: sub() takes at least 3 arguments (2 given)
> Processing time: 4 seconds
>
>
> Greetings,
> Tapio
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> lilypond-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel
>



_______________________________________________
lilypond-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: serious (and easy) bug: convert-ly broken? in 2.10.0

Han-Wen Nienhuys-2
Graham Percival escreveu:

> Thanks for the report!  This is a very serious bug; I can reproduce it
> with a trivial example in 2.10.0-2 on OSX.
>
> \version "2.6.0"
> \relative c'' {
>   c'4
> }
>
> I think it should be easy to fix
> ----
>   File
> "/Users/gperciva/Apps/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/python/convertrules.py",
> line 2636, in conv
>     r"\\override \1VerticalAxisGroup #'extra-Y-extent")
> TypeError: sub() takes at least 3 arguments (2 given)
> ----
>
> Han-Wen, should I add this to google?  I think it's a one-line fix, so I
> don't think it's necessary.

please fix. Unfortunately I don't have time to roll a new release, but
perhaps Jan can roll another one.


--

Han-Wen Nienhuys - [hidden email] - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com



_______________________________________________
lilypond-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: serious (and easy) bug: convert-ly broken? in 2.10.0

Graham Percival-2
Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> Graham Percival escreveu:
>> I think it should be easy to fix
>> ----
>>   File
>> "/Users/gperciva/Apps/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/python/convertrules.py",
>> line 2636, in conv
>>     r"\\override \1VerticalAxisGroup #'extra-Y-extent")
>> TypeError: sub() takes at least 3 arguments (2 given)
>> ----
>>
>> Han-Wen, should I add this to google?  I think it's a one-line fix, so I
>> don't think it's necessary.
>
> please fix. Unfortunately I don't have time to roll a new release, but
> perhaps Jan can roll another one.

Sorry, could somebody else do this?  I'm between laptops right now, and
I don't expect to have the new laptop completely working until sometime
next week.

I don't think we need to make a new release, but it should definitely be
included in 2.10.1.

Cheers,
- Graham


_______________________________________________
lilypond-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: serious (and easy) bug: convert-ly broken? in 2.10.0

Joe Neeman-2
On 11/18/06, Graham Percival <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sorry, could somebody else do this?  I'm between laptops right now, and
I don't expect to have the new laptop completely working until sometime
next week.

OK, I've fixed this in master and stable/2.10

I don't think we need to make a new release, but it should definitely be
included in 2.10.1.

Cheers,
- Graham


_______________________________________________
lilypond-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel


_______________________________________________
lilypond-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel