compound time signatures on different staves

compound time signatures on different staves

Young, Jason
compound time signatures on different staves

Hello all,

Here's my problem: I need to express 4 concurrent staves of music, each with a different time signature, but having the measures line up. Right now I have something of a workaround but it's still not really what I want to express, and I couldn't find anything about this in the user documentation or in a search of the mailing list archive. Is there an easy way to do this?

Currently I'm using Lilypond version 2.2. I looked in the news section for 2.4 and 2.6 to see if later versions would do this, but only saw the compound time signature feature for a single staff.

Thanks for any advice or direction you can offer!
~ Jason

Re: compound time signatures on different staves

Graham Percival

On 6-Jul-05, at 8:04 AM, Young, Jason wrote:

> Here's my problem: I need to express 4 concurrent staves of music,
> each with a different time signature, but having the measures line up.
> Right now I have something of a workaround but it's still not really
> what I want to express, and I couldn't find anything about this in the
> user documentation or in a search of the mailing list archive. Is
> there an easy way to do this?
>
> Currently I'm using Lilypond version 2.2. I looked in the news section
> for 2.4 and 2.6 to see if later versions would do this, but only saw
> the compound time signature feature for a single staff.

Read the doc section for "Polymetric notation" in the 2.6 manual.  I
think it's possible to do
in version 2.2, but it's easier in 2.4 and 2.6.

RE: compound time signatures on different staves

Young, Jason

Ahh, "polymetric" didn't appear in the 2.4 or 2.6 release notes and I
didn't look into the user manuals for those versions. Yes this looks
like what I need, thank you!!!