compilation question

D Josiah Boothby
I'm installing 2.5.27 in my home directory. I have already compiled
ghostscript 8.15 in my home directory, but when I try compiling lilypond,
I can't figure out how to find $HOME/bin/gs. I tried
--with-gs=$HOME/bin/gs, and looking through config.make doesn't offer me
any clues.

It is probably worth mentioning that (a) I am using Debian
sarge/sid/experimental, and (b) that ./configure found the gs-afpl (8.14)
with no problems.

Josiah

Re: compilation question

Graham Percival

On 2-Jun-05, at 1:18 AM, D Josiah Boothby wrote:

> I'm installing 2.5.27 in my home directory. I have already compiled
> ghostscript 8.15 in my home directory, but when I try compiling
> lilypond, I can't figure out how to find $HOME/bin/gs. I tried
> --with-gs=$HOME/bin/gs, and looking through config.make doesn't offer
> me any clues.

Try adding ~/bin to your path, or doing
export GS=~/bin/gs
or