coloring notes according harmonic function

coloring notes according harmonic function

Gianmaria Lari
Is there any automatic way to color the notes of a simple piece in a specified tonality according to their harmonic function?

For example: the tonic in red colour, the dominant in green colour etc. etc ?

This is just a curiosity. I was thinking that this could be useful for didactical reason.
g.

Re: coloring notes according harmonic function

Christopher R. Maden
On 06/18/2017 12:26 PM, Gianmaria Lari wrote:
> Is there any automatic way to color the notes of a simple piece in a
> specified tonality according to their harmonic function?
>
> For example: the tonic in red colour, the dominant in green colour etc. etc
> ?
>
> This is just a curiosity. I was thinking that this could be useful for
> didactical reason.

Take a look at how shape note heads work.  That should give you a clue...

~Chris
--
Chris Maden, text nerd
Emperor Norton had the right idea.

On 18 June 2017 at 19:47, Christopher R. Maden <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 06/18/2017 12:26 PM, Gianmaria Lari wrote:
Is there any automatic way to color the notes of a simple piece in a
specified tonality according to their harmonic function?
[....]

Take a look at how shape note heads work.  That should give you a clue...

Thank you Christopher!!!

Just in case other are interested, here is a link to the manual that discuss it

g.

Re: coloring notes according harmonic function

Manuela
There are two snippets in the repository which demonstrate how to color the noteheads

http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=572

http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=897