collision barline with accidental

Werner LEMBERG

[git 2007-08-19 13d78fe]

While Joe's latest changes to the horizontal spacing are giving good
results, here's a special case where it fails.

     Werner

\relative c' {
  \tieDashed
  ces1 ~ |
  ces!8 bes ces bes ces bes ces bes |
}

\paper {
  ragged-right = ##t

barline-accidental.png (7K) Download Attachment

Re: collision barline with accidental

Werner LEMBERG

> While Joe's latest changes to the horizontal spacing are giving good
> results, here's a special case where it fails.
>
> \relative c' {
>   \tieDashed
>   ces1 ~ |
>   ces!8 bes ces bes ces bes ces bes |
> }
>
> \paper {
>   ragged-right = ##t
> }

BTW, this very example exposes another bug in lilypond: There
shouldn't be a flat on the second ces in the second bar.

    Werner

Re: collision barline with accidental

Joe Neeman-2
On Monday 20 August 2007 15:29, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> [git 2007-08-19 13d78fe]
>
> While Joe's latest changes to the horizontal spacing are giving good
> results, here's a special case where it fails.

Thanks, the spacing part of this issue is fixed.

Re: collision barline with accidental

Werner LEMBERG

> > [git 2007-08-19 13d78fe]
> >
> > While Joe's latest changes to the horizontal spacing are giving
> > good results, here's a special case where it fails.
>
> Thanks, the spacing part of this issue is fixed.

Thanks too!  Shall I file a bug report w.r.t. the other accidental
issue I've mentioned, or are you going to fix this soon too?

    Werner

On Tuesday 21 August 2007 15:30, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> > > [git 2007-08-19 13d78fe]
> > >
> > > While Joe's latest changes to the horizontal spacing are giving
> > > good results, here's a special case where it fails.
> >
> > Thanks, the spacing part of this issue is fixed.
>
> Thanks too!  Shall I file a bug report w.r.t. the other accidental
> issue I've mentioned, or are you going to fix this soon too?

I don't know exactly what's causing the other problem, so it might be a little
while before I fix it. A bug report would remind me of its existence.

Joe

Re: collision barline with accidental

Werner LEMBERG
> > Shall I file a bug report w.r.t. the other accidental issue I've
> > mentioned, or are you going to fix this soon too?
>
> I don't know exactly what's causing the other problem, so it might
> be a little while before I fix it. A bug report would remind me of
> its existence.

Done.  Cf. issue #418.

    Werner

\markup placement (Was: Re: collision barline with accidental)

Juergen Reuter
Hi all,

while you are at it (I mean, the placement/spacing code, though I am not
sure if this is anyhow related)...

I noticed that in Manual Sect. 7.7.10.2 ("Gregorian square neumes
ligatures") the placement of the letters in the neumes table changes from
almost each version of the lily 2.11.x series to the next release:
sometimes, the letters appear above the glyph, sometimes below, sometimes
they are stacked upon each other, sometimes they appear in a horizontal
row, with these flavors mixing even within the same version of lily...  Is
this intended behavior?  (N.B.: In lily 2.10.29, the letters are placed
consistently above the glyphs and in horizontal rows.)

Btw., I do not mind where the letters actually appear, as long as the
placement is somewhat consistent and it gets clear that each letter is
associated with a glyph.  Maybe the letters should not be typeset with the
\markup command, as it is currently done?

Greetings,
Juergen

Re: \markup placement (Was: Re: collision barline with accidental)

Mats Bengtsson-4
The positioning has nothing to do with if you use ^\markup{c} or ^"c".
I the 2.11.x version, the text scripts are placed on several lines if
they don't
fit on the same line with the default note spacing.
You can change this with the \fatText macro (see the definition in
ly/property-init.ly if you want to include the setting in \neumeDemoLayout)
so that the note spacing is increased to make room for the text scripts.

   /Mats

Juergen Reuter wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> while you are at it (I mean, the placement/spacing code, though I am
> not sure if this is anyhow related)...
>
> I noticed that in Manual Sect. 7.7.10.2 ("Gregorian square neumes
> ligatures") the placement of the letters in the neumes table changes
> from almost each version of the lily 2.11.x series to the next
> release: sometimes, the letters appear above the glyph, sometimes
> below, sometimes they are stacked upon each other, sometimes they
> appear in a horizontal row, with these flavors mixing even within the
> same version of lily...  Is this intended behavior?  (N.B.: In lily
> 2.10.29, the letters are placed consistently above the glyphs and in
> horizontal rows.)
>
> Btw., I do not mind where the letters actually appear, as long as the
> placement is somewhat consistent and it gets clear that each letter is
> associated with a glyph.  Maybe the letters should not be typeset with
> the \markup command, as it is currently done?
>
> Greetings,
> Juergen

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing