circle around noteheads?

Stephen Lumenta
hello lilypond-users,
is there a way to draw a circle around a note-head?
so far i tried it:
- with balloon help, but I didn't like the looks of it (btw: is there
a way to set the size of the balloon?)
- manually with \markup{ \circle " "} and extra-offset, which is
quite time-consuming

any better ideas? as always thanks a lot!
stephen

Re: circle around noteheads?

Bertalan Fodor
I think if you override the NoteHead print-function to

\override Voice.NoteHead #'print-function = #Text_interface::print

and use

\override Voice.NoteHead #'text = #(markup #:circle #:musicglyph
"noteheads.s2"))

perhaps along with some #:raise or #:translate or extra-offset, you can
achieve this.

Bert

[hidden email] wrote:

> hello lilypond-users,
> is there a way to draw a circle around a note-head?
> so far i tried it:
> - with balloon help, but I didn't like the looks of it (btw: is there
> a way to set the size of the balloon?)
> - manually with \markup{ \circle " "} and extra-offset, which is
> quite time-consuming
>
> any better ideas? as always thanks a lot!
> stephen

Re: circle around noteheads?

Take a look at the example called boxed-stencil.ly in the Tips and
Tricks document. There is a function called make-stencil-circler
that you can use the same way as make-stencil-boxer.

If you can't figure out the exact \override command you need, you
can find it at the end of this email, but I recommend that you try
to figure it out yourself first. I hope you have read in the chapter
on "Changing Defaults" on how to navigate through the program reference.

    /Mats

[hidden email] wrote:

> hello lilypond-users,
> is there a way to draw a circle around a note-head?
> so far i tried it:
> - with balloon help, but I didn't like the looks of it (btw: is there  a
> way to set the size of the balloon?)
> - manually with \markup{ \circle " "} and extra-offset, which is  quite
> time-consuming
>
> any better ideas? as always thanks a lot!
> stephen

Spoiler:

\override NoteHead  #'print-function =
   #(make-stencil-circler 0.1 0.3 Note_head::print)