changing default font

Sterling MacNay
Hi again,

My default font for titles and any markup is some sort of typewriter
with very poor kerning.  How does one change this to something like a
bookman or some other font installed on my computer.  I am running a
linux system.  All the example files I see don't specify a font but the
output is lovely.  Thanks in advance.

Sterling MacNay

Re: changing default font

Graham Percival

On 17-Jun-05, at 9:02 AM, Sterling Sympatico wrote:
> My default font for titles and any markup is some sort of typewriter
> with very poor kerning.  How does one change this to something like a
> bookman or some other font installed on my computer.  I am running a
> linux system.  All the example files I see don't specify a font but the
> output is lovely.  Thanks in advance.

This sounds like a bug.  What OS/distro, what version of lilypond do
you have, was it packaged?

Re: changing default font

Sterling MacNay
Hi Graham,

I am running lilypond 2.4.5 in Debian "testing" meaning I grab the
source from the Debian "sid" distro.  I run Debian "testing" which is
Sarge with some newer packages.  This was problem evident before Sarge
came out.  I see that when I run xdvi file.dvi, it looks fine (fonts do)
but when I look at the same .ps or .pdf file (all generated when I ran
lilypond file.ly), the strange fixed-space font is there.

Thanks for any help in advance,

Sterling

On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 09:27:33PM -0700, Graham Percival wrote:

> On 17-Jun-05, at 9:02 AM, Sterling Sympatico wrote:
> >My default font for titles and any markup is some sort of typewriter
> >with very poor kerning.  How does one change this to something like a
> >bookman or some other font installed on my computer.  I am running a
> >linux system.  All the example files I see don't specify a font but the
> >output is lovely.  Thanks in advance.
>
> This sounds like a bug.  What OS/distro, what version of lilypond do
> you have, was it packaged?
>
> - Graham

Re: changing default font

Mats Bengtsson-6
I hope the ec-fonts-mftraced package was installed successfully as
well, since it contains that fonts used for titles and markup.
By the way, if you for some reason have teTeX version 3.0 instead
of the default 2.04 in testing, than you have to fix some
incompatibilities as is described in some emails in the mailing
list archives.

    /Mats

Sterling Sympatico wrote:

> Hi Graham,
>
> I am running lilypond 2.4.5 in Debian "testing" meaning I grab the
> source from the Debian "sid" distro.  I run Debian "testing" which is
> Sarge with some newer packages.  This was problem evident before Sarge
> came out.  I see that when I run xdvi file.dvi, it looks fine (fonts do)
> but when I look at the same .ps or .pdf file (all generated when I ran
> lilypond file.ly), the strange fixed-space font is there.
>
> Thanks for any help in advance,
>
> Sterling
>
> On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 09:27:33PM -0700, Graham Percival wrote:
>
>>On 17-Jun-05, at 9:02 AM, Sterling Sympatico wrote:
>>
>>>My default font for titles and any markup is some sort of typewriter
>>>with very poor kerning.  How does one change this to something like a
>>>bookman or some other font installed on my computer.  I am running a
>>>linux system.  All the example files I see don't specify a font but the
>>>output is lovely.  Thanks in advance.
>>
>>This sounds like a bug.  What OS/distro, what version of lilypond do
>>you have, was it packaged?
>>
>>- Graham

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology
        SE-100 44  STOCKHOLM
        Sweden
        Phone: (+46) 8 790 8463
         Fax:   (+46) 8 790 7260
        Email: [hidden email]
        WWW: http://www.s3.kth.se/~mabe

Re: changing default font

Sterling MacNay
Hi,

I am seeing the following versions of software (packages) on my Debian
"testing" machine:

ec-fonts-mftraced: Version: 1.0.10a-1
lilypond: Version: 2.4.5-2
tetex-base: Version: 2.0.2c-8

All seems to have installed fine.  No errors.  If this looks correct,
could it be a .map file that is causing this font problem?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Sterling