breakbefore

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

breakbefore

Graham Percival
Is the correct way to use breakbefore?  If so, I'd like to report
a bug in 2.5.30 (it has no effect).

\version "2.5.30"
\book{
   \score{
     \relative c'' { c4 }
   }
   \score{
     \header{ breakbefore = ##t }
     \relative c'' { c4 }
   }
}



_______________________________________________
lilypond-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: breakbefore

Erik Sandberg
On Friday 10 June 2005 10.08, Graham Percival wrote:

> Is the correct way to use breakbefore?  If so, I'd like to report
> a bug in 2.5.30 (it has no effect).
>
> \version "2.5.30"
> \book{
>    \score{
>      \relative c'' { c4 }
>    }
>    \score{
>      \header{ breakbefore = ##t }
>      \relative c'' { c4 }
>    }
> }

Known bug, breakbefore-no-piece.ly. I marked it popular.

workaround: Add piece="" in the header.

Erik


_______________________________________________
lilypond-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Documenting workaround for bugs (was: breakbefore)

Graham Percival

On 12-Jun-05, at 3:37 PM, Erik Sandberg wrote:

> On Friday 10 June 2005 10.08, Graham Percival wrote:
>> Is the correct way to use breakbefore?  If so, I'd like to report
>> a bug in 2.5.30 (it has no effect).
>
> Known bug, breakbefore-no-piece.ly. I marked it popular.
>
> workaround: Add piece="" in the header.

Ok.

Would it be useful to document some of these bugs in the manual?  We've
got a @refbugs command, where we note bugs that aren't likely to be
fixed
soon.  In this case, we could have a note at the bottom of the page
break
section with the workaround -- or simply noting that it doesn't work as
advertised.

Cheers,
- Graham



_______________________________________________
lilypond-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: breakbefore

Graham Percival
In reply to this post by Erik Sandberg

On 12-Jun-05, at 3:37 PM, Erik Sandberg wrote:

>> \version "2.5.30"
>> \book{
>>    \score{
>>      \relative c'' { c4 }
>>    }
>>    \score{
>>      \header{ breakbefore = ##t }
>>      \relative c'' { c4 }
>>    }
>> }
>
> Known bug, breakbefore-no-piece.ly. I marked it popular.
>
> workaround: Add piece="" in the header.

piece = ""
doesn't work; there needs to be a string in there.  This works:
piece = " "

(posted for the archives)
- Graham



_______________________________________________
lilypond-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel