bracket slurs?

Michael Gerdau
Hi Lilyponders,

in old(er) music like e.g. Melchior Franck I sometimes find brackets for slurs, most often between full notes. I have tried to mimic this using tuplet brackets but they are only similar and need manual tweaking each time w/r to their position. I'd also have to take care of melismata manually. All doable but...

Would it be (reasonably easily) possible to manipulate slurs such that they produce brackets instead of splines?

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

  \override TupletBracket.positions = #'(0.0 . 2.0)
  \omit TupletNumber
  \tuplet 2/2 { c'1 g' }
}
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Kind regards,
Michael
--
Michael Gerdau email: [hidden email]

Re: bracket slurs?

Michael Gerdau
[snip]

> > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> > \version "2.21.0"
> >
> > {
> >  \override TupletBracket.positions = #'(0.0 . 2.0)
> >  \omit TupletNumber
> >  \tuplet 2/2 { c'1 g' }
> > }
> > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > Michael
>
> Could they be ligatures?
>
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/ancient-notation_002d_002dcommon-features

Good pointer!

They indeed are likely ligatures.

I want them closer to the notes like slurs. I could achieve that by manually \override LigatureBracket.positions - is there an automatic way?

Kind regards,
Michael
--
Michael Gerdau email: [hidden email]