beaming with cadenzaOn

Sam Frybyte
If there is a time signature the beaming of 8th notes with
acciaccaturas between them is created as I expect.
in version. 2.18.2
with \cadenzaOn
\stemUp\acciaccatura c'8 \stemNeutral a8
    \stemUp\acciaccatura b8 \stemNeutral ges8
    \times 2/3 {f16 [des des]} des4

I have not been able to figure out or find a way for the 8ths to be beamed.
Please direct me to the place in manual where this is found.
Thank you. Or if it's not in the manual and there's a solution that you know
I look forward to knowing this.
Jay

Re: beaming with cadenzaOn

Brian Barker
At 10:16 31/05/2017 -0700, Sam Frybyte wrote:
>If there is a time signature the beaming of 8th notes with
>acciaccaturas between them is created as I expect.
>in version. 2.18.2
>with \cadenzaOn
>\stemUp\acciaccatura c'8 \stemNeutral a8
>     \stemUp\acciaccatura b8 \stemNeutral ges8
>     \times 2/3 {f16 [des des]} des4
>
>I have not been able to figure out or find a way for the 8ths to be beamed.

Just as you would beam any other notes: follow the a8 with a left
bracket "a8[" and the ges8 with a right bracket "ges8]".

If you wrote your triplet as { f16[ des des] } you might see more
readily how the notation works: the brackets do not enclose anything
but separately follow the notes to which they apply.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

RE: beaming with cadenzaOn

Mark Stephen Mrotek