arbitrary papersize

andrea valle
Hi to all and sorry if it's obvious, but I wasn't able to find an
answer in the docs .
I'd like to make many image files with music fragments (to be inserted
in a diagram realize with a latex package). I need pdfs, as I cannot
use lily-book.
Everything's ok if I can set an arbitrary papersize.
Is it possible or have I always to choose from the supported formats
(a3, a4, a5 etc)?
(In positive case, please could you send an example?).

Thanks a lot

Best

-a-

Andrea Valle
Laboratorio multimediale "G. Quazza"
Facoltà di Scienze della Formazione
Università degli Studi di Torino

Re: arbitrary papersize

Graham Percival

On 2-Jun-05, at 4:09 PM, andrea valle wrote:

> Hi to all and sorry if it's obvious, but I wasn't able to find an
> answer in the docs .

Section 10.1.3, "Page layout" ?  The section right after "paper size"?
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.5/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Page-
layout.html

Options include
hsize
vsize
topmargin
linewidth

Re: arbitrary papersize

andrea valle
Thanks, I was in fact seeing those pages of the manual. I was thinking
that Page layout was dedicated to layout inside a given page.
You have an a4 and you can do what you want *inside* it.

I want an arbitrary page: so, let's say,  can I use a paper of
1.13x3.88 cm (so that I can use pixel to determine the dimension)?

In particular I supposed I had to precise on of the two possible
commands:

#(set-default-paper-size "a4")
\paper {
   #(set-paper-size "a4")
}

Now, manual says:
The following paper sizes are supported: a6, a5, a4, a3, legal, letter,
tabloid.

So, how to tweak them?

Thanks a lot

-a-