account setup and first patch

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

account setup and first patch

Dev mailing list
Hi all,

I'm using Lilypond since a few years and would like to start
contributing. I've tried to follow the documented process as much as
possible and would like to ask for write access to the issue tracker.
My SourceForge username is "hahnjo".

Find attached a patch to replace outdated references to code.google.com
by their SourceForge equivalent. I've uploaded to
https://codereview.appspot.com/548970043/, but can't create an
corresponding issue (see above).

Thanks,
Jonas

_______________________________________________
lilypond-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel

0001-Replace-code.google.com-by-SourceForge.patch (21K) Download Attachment
signature.asc (499 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: account setup and first patch

James Lowe-3
Hello Jonas

On 18/09/2019 09:10, Jonas Hahnfeld via lilypond-devel wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using Lilypond since a few years and would like to start
> contributing. I've tried to follow the documented process as much as
> possible and would like to ask for write access to the issue tracker.
> My SourceForge username is "hahnjo".
>
> Find attached a patch to replace outdated references to code.google.com
> by their SourceForge equivalent. I've uploaded to
> https://codereview.appspot.com/548970043/, but can't create an
> corresponding issue (see above).
>
> Thanks,
> Jonas

No, thank *you* :)

In case it takes some time for you to get write access to the tracker I
have created an issue on your behalf - I have write access but not
permissions to give it out - at the moment I am the owner but as and
when you can change it to yourself.

https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/5554/

That way I we can start the patch review process proper!.

Welcome aboard.


James


_______________________________________________
lilypond-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: account setup and first patch

Werner LEMBERG
In reply to this post by Dev mailing list

Hello Jonas,


welcome to the list!

> I'm using Lilypond since a few years and would like to start
> contributing.

Excellent!

> Find attached a patch to replace outdated references to
> code.google.com by their SourceForge equivalent.

Thanks, I've applied it to `staging'.  Regarding your remark

   * scripts/auxiliar/make-countdown-announcement.sh: I guess there is
     a new script somewhere that works with SourceForge.  Maybe this
     script can be deleted?

I wonder whether James can upload his script to the repository...


    Werner

_______________________________________________
lilypond-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: account setup and first patch

Werner LEMBERG
In reply to this post by James Lowe-3

> https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/5554/

Ah, too bad, our e-mails crossed each other.  I've reviewed this
almost trivial patch (also running `make doc' of course) and applied
it already.


    Werner

_______________________________________________
lilypond-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: account setup and first patch

Phil Holmes
In reply to this post by Dev mailing list
I've added your account to SourceForge, as requested.

--
Phil Holmes


----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonas Hahnfeld via lilypond-devel" <[hidden email]>
To: <[hidden email]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 9:10 AM
Subject: account setup and first patch


Hi all,

I'm using Lilypond since a few years and would like to start
contributing. I've tried to follow the documented process as much as
possible and would like to ask for write access to the issue tracker.
My SourceForge username is "hahnjo".

Find attached a patch to replace outdated references to code.google.com
by their SourceForge equivalent. I've uploaded to
https://codereview.appspot.com/548970043/, but can't create an
corresponding issue (see above).

Thanks,
Jonas



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


> _______________________________________________
> lilypond-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel
>


_______________________________________________
lilypond-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: account setup and first patch

Phil Holmes
In reply to this post by Werner LEMBERG
----- Original Message -----
From: "Werner LEMBERG" <[hidden email]>
To: <[hidden email]>; <[hidden email]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 11:00 AM
Subject: Re: account setup and first patch


>
> Hello Jonas,
>
>
> welcome to the list!
>
>> I'm using Lilypond since a few years and would like to start
>> contributing.
>
> Excellent!
>
>> Find attached a patch to replace outdated references to
>> code.google.com by their SourceForge equivalent.
>
> Thanks, I've applied it to `staging'.  Regarding your remark
>
>   * scripts/auxiliar/make-countdown-announcement.sh: I guess there is
>     a new script somewhere that works with SourceForge.  Maybe this
>     script can be deleted?
>
> I wonder whether James can upload his script to the repository...
>
>
>    Werner

I'm 99% certain James doesn't use this shell script.  I created a Web page
which generates the list, and he uses this on a regular basis.

http://www.philholmes.net/lilypond/allura/

Takes a little while since it has to do a lot of Web page accesses.

--
Phil Holmes


_______________________________________________
lilypond-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: account setup and first patch

James Lowe-3
Hello,

On 18/09/2019 11:33, Phil Holmes wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Werner LEMBERG" <[hidden email]>
> To: <[hidden email]>; <[hidden email]>
> Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 11:00 AM
> Subject: Re: account setup and first patch
>
>
>>
>> Hello Jonas,
>>
>>
>> welcome to the list!
>>
>>> I'm using Lilypond since a few years and would like to start
>>> contributing.
>>
>> Excellent!
>>
>>> Find attached a patch to replace outdated references to
>>> code.google.com by their SourceForge equivalent.
>>
>> Thanks, I've applied it to `staging'.  Regarding your remark
>>
>>   * scripts/auxiliar/make-countdown-announcement.sh: I guess there is
>>     a new script somewhere that works with SourceForge.  Maybe this
>>     script can be deleted?
>>
>> I wonder whether James can upload his script to the repository...
>>
>>
>>    Werner
>
> I'm 99% certain James doesn't use this shell script.

It doesn't work with Source Forge. It was used with Google's Tracker.

> I created a Web page which generates the list, and he uses this on a
> regular basis.
>
> http://www.philholmes.net/lilypond/allura/

That is correct.

James


_______________________________________________
lilypond-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: account setup and first patch

Dev mailing list
In reply to this post by Werner LEMBERG
Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 18.09.2019, 12:00 +0200 schrieb Werner LEMBERG:

> Hello Jonas,
>
>
> welcome to the list!
>
> > I'm using Lilypond since a few years and would like to start
>
> > contributing.
>
>
> Excellent!
>
> > Find attached a patch to replace outdated references to
>
> > code.google.com by their SourceForge equivalent.
>
>
> Thanks, I've applied it to `staging'.
thanks for applying, I've seen the commit worked its way into the
master branch :-)

Regards,
Jonas

_______________________________________________
lilypond-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel

signature.asc (499 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: account setup and first patch

Dev mailing list
In reply to this post by James Lowe-3
Hello,

Am Donnerstag, den 19.09.2019, 00:02 +0100 schrieb James:

> Hello,
>
> On 18/09/2019 11:33, Phil Holmes wrote:
> > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Werner LEMBERG" <
> > [hidden email]
> > >
> > To: <
> > [hidden email]
> > >; <
> > [hidden email]
> > >
> > Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 11:00 AM
> > Subject: Re: account setup and first patch
> >
> >
> > > Hello Jonas,
> > >
> > >
> > > welcome to the list!
> > >
> > > > I'm using Lilypond since a few years and would like to start
> > > > contributing.
> > >
> > > Excellent!
> > >
> > > > Find attached a patch to replace outdated references to
> > > > code.google.com by their SourceForge equivalent.
> > >
> > > Thanks, I've applied it to `staging'.  Regarding your remark
> > >
> > >   * scripts/auxiliar/make-countdown-announcement.sh: I guess there is
> > >     a new script somewhere that works with SourceForge.  Maybe this
> > >     script can be deleted?
> > >
> > > I wonder whether James can upload his script to the repository...
> > >
> > >
> > >    Werner
> >
> > I'm 99% certain James doesn't use this shell script.
>
> It doesn't work with Source Forge. It was used with Google's Tracker.
in that case I'd propose to delete the script from the repository and
update Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi accordingly, see
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/the-patch-review-cycle
. The current situation is a bit confusing (for a newcomer)...

Regards,
Jonas

_______________________________________________
lilypond-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel

signature.asc (499 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: account setup and first patch

Werner LEMBERG
>> > > I wonder whether James can upload his script to the
>> > > repository...
>> >
>> > I'm 99% certain James doesn't use this shell script.
>>
>> It doesn't work with Source Forge. It was used with Google's
>> Tracker.
>
> in that case I'd propose to delete the script from the repository
> and update Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi accordingly,
> see
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/the-patch-review-cycle
> . The current situation is a bit confusing (for a newcomer)...

Can you prepare a patch, please?


    Werner

_______________________________________________
lilypond-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: account setup and first patch

Dev mailing list
Am Donnerstag, den 19.09.2019, 18:24 +0200 schrieb Werner LEMBERG:

> >> > > I wonder whether James can upload his script to the
>
> >> > > repository...
>
> >> >
>
> >> > I'm 99% certain James doesn't use this shell script.
>
> >>
>
> >> It doesn't work with Source Forge. It was used with Google's
>
> >> Tracker.
>
> >
>
> > in that case I'd propose to delete the script from the repository
>
> > and update Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi accordingly,
>
> > see
>
> >
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/the-patch-review-cycle
>
> > . The current situation is a bit confusing (for a newcomer)...
>
>
> Can you prepare a patch, please?
As I don't actually know what the new procedure is, I can only delete
the paragraph in question that mentions the old script. Is that what
you have in mind for now?

Jonas

_______________________________________________
lilypond-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel

signature.asc (499 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: account setup and first patch

Werner LEMBERG
>> > in that case I'd propose to delete the script from the repository
>> > and update Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi
>> > accordingly, see
>> >
>> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/the-patch-review-cycle
>>
>> Can you prepare a patch, please?
>
> As I don't actually know what the new procedure is, I can only
> delete the paragraph in question that mentions the old script.  Is
> that what you have in mind for now?

Yes.  The new procedure is not (yet?) part of LilyPond, so it's best
to remove it from the documentation.


    Werner

_______________________________________________
lilypond-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: account setup and first patch

Dev mailing list
Am Donnerstag, den 19.09.2019, 20:30 +0200 schrieb Werner LEMBERG:

> >> > in that case I'd propose to delete the script from the repository
>
> >> > and update Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi
>
> >> > accordingly, see
>
> >> >
>
> >>
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/the-patch-review-cycle
>
> >>
>
> >> Can you prepare a patch, please?
>
> >
>
> > As I don't actually know what the new procedure is, I can only
>
> > delete the paragraph in question that mentions the old script.  Is
>
> > that what you have in mind for now?
>
>
> Yes.  The new procedure is not (yet?) part of LilyPond, so it's best
> to remove it from the documentation.
>
>
>     Werner
Done, https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/5556/.

Jonas

_______________________________________________
lilypond-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel

signature.asc (499 bytes) Download Attachment