accidentals and ties

Robert Edward Edge
does anybody out there know how to force an accidental to be
printed on the second of a pair of tied notes? (accidental
style 'forget does not do this, neither do cautionary or
explicit accidentals)

Re: accidentals and ties

Vincent-35
I don't know a straight way to do it, but you can place a "transparent"
voice which displays only the accidentals. More or less:

\score
     { \tieDown ais'4 ~ ais' b' des' ~ des' } \\
     {
       \override NoteHead #'transparent = ##t
       \override Stem #'transparent = ##t
       \override Beam #'transparent = ##t
       ais'4 ais'! b' des' des'!

this cheap trick works (in lilypond 2.5.29).

Vincent

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 19:30:12 +0200, Robert Edward Edge <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> does anybody out there know how to force an accidental to be
> printed on the second of a pair of tied notes? (accidental
> style 'forget does not do this, neither do cautionary or
> explicit accidentals)

Re: accidentals and ties

I forward this question to bug-lilypond as a feature request.
In addition, my examples below show a bug.

I think it should be possible to force an accidental also
on a tied note using
\score{
   \relative c' {cis ~ cis! cis cis }
}

or forcing a cautionary using

\score{
   \relative c' {cis ~ cis? cis cis }
}

When I try these two examples with version 2.5.30, the third note
gets an accidental, which clearly looks like a bug to me.

    /Mats

Robert Edward Edge wrote:

> does anybody out there know how to force an accidental to be
> printed on the second of a pair of tied notes? (accidental
> style 'forget does not do this, neither do cautionary or
> explicit accidentals)

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems