\accidentalStyle dodecaphonic

Freeman Gilmore
Would someone please explain  \accidentalStyle dodecaphonic in the following:

\score {
   \new Staff { \treble }
    \layout {
     \context {
      \Score
       \accidentalStyle dodecaphonic

This is what found in the manuals, "A predefined command such as
\dynamicUp or a music expression like \accidentalStyle dodecaphonic"

Thank you,  ƒg

Re: \accidentalStyle dodecaphonic

Phil Holmes
See
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.21/Documentation/notation-big-page.html#automatic-accidentals

--
Phil Holmes

Fwd: \accidentalStyle dodecaphonic

Freeman Gilmore
On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 9:21 AM Phil Holmes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> See
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.21/Documentation/notation-big-page.html#automatic-accidentals
>
> --
> Phil Holmes

That is where I got this.   But what does it do, usd for, &c.  Thank you, ƒg

> Thank you,  ƒg

Re: Fwd: \accidentalStyle dodecaphonic

Andrew Bernard
Sets the accidental style to dodecaphonic - every single note displays
an accidental. Used by early Serialists, and a good number of modernist
composers. All my scores use it exclusively.

 From the NR under Accidentals:

This rule reflects a practice introduced by composers at the beginning
of the 20th century, in an attempt to abolish the hierarchy between
natural and non-natural notes. With this style, every note gets an
accidental sign, including natural signs.

Were you not able to locate that? There are variations on the style
available also.

Andrew

On 21/08/2020 11:57 am, Freeman Gilmore wrote:

> That is where I got this.   But what does it do, usd for, &c.  Thank you, ƒg

Re: Fwd: \accidentalStyle dodecaphonic

Freeman Gilmore
On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 10:45 PM Andrew Bernard
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sets the accidental style to dodecaphonic - every single note displays
> an accidental. Used by early Serialists, and a good number of modernist
> composers. All my scores use it exclusively.
>
>  From the NR under Accidentals:
>
> This rule reflects a practice introduced by composers at the beginning
> of the 20th century, in an attempt to abolish the hierarchy between
> natural and non-natural notes. With this style, every note gets an
> accidental sign, including natural signs.
Thanks that helps.   My search for \accidentalStyle dodecaphonic did
not bring this up.

> Were you not able to locate that? There are variations on the style
> available also.
Here was my problem,   I did not know what i was expecting,   i searched for
\accidentalStyle dodecaphonic and came up wit the only wording: "A
predefined command such as
\dynamicUp or a music expression like \accidentalStyle dodecaphonic"
and 3 places where it was used that i did not understand.

Thank you, ƒg