acciaccatura messes repeat

fiëé visuëlle
Ahoi!

In the attached example, the acciaccatura in the lower voice doubles
the repeat end bar and goes behind that wrog bar.
I tested with LilyPond 2.6.3 and 2.7.4 on MacOS X, same result.
Must I change something, or is it a bug?

This is the section in question:
     \repeat volta 2 {
         a2. g4 |
         f2 e |
         c' b4 gis |
         e2. a4
     }
     \acciaccatura f'8 e1~ |

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm
http://www.fiee.net
http://angerweit.tikon.ch/lieder/

karevyom.ly (1K) Download Attachment

Re: acciaccatura messes repeat

Erik Sandberg
On Sunday 21 August 2005 20.30, fiëé visuëlle wrote:
> Ahoi!
>
> In the attached example, the acciaccatura in the lower voice doubles
> the repeat end bar and goes behind that wrog bar.
> I tested with LilyPond 2.6.3 and 2.7.4 on MacOS X, same result.
> Must I change something, or is it a bug?

It is a known bug. The workaround is to add dummy grace notes in all parts,
like
<<
{ \repeat volta 2 { .. } \grace s8 .. }
{ \repeat volta 2 { .. } \acciaccatura f8 e1 ... }

--
Erik

Am 2005-08-22 um 01:18 schrieb Erik Sandberg:

>> In the attached example, the acciaccatura in the lower voice doubles
>> the repeat end bar and goes behind that wrong bar.
> It is a known bug. The workaround is to add dummy grace notes in
> all parts,
> like
> <<
> { \repeat volta 2 { .. } \grace s8 .. }
> { \repeat volta 2 { .. } \acciaccatura f8 e1 ... }

Thank you, but it doesn't help.
I added dummy grace notes at every place in the upper voice where I
use one in the lower - no change.

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm
http://www.fiee.net
http://angerweit.tikon.ch/lieder/

karevyom.ly (1K) Download Attachment

Re: acciaccatura messes repeat

Mats Bengtsson-6

fiëé visuëlle wrote:

> Am 2005-08-22 um 01:18 schrieb Erik Sandberg:
>
>>> In the attached example, the acciaccatura in the lower voice doubles
>>> the repeat end bar and goes behind that wrong bar.
>>
>> It is a known bug. The workaround is to add dummy grace notes in  all
>> parts,
>> like
>> <<
>> { \repeat volta 2 { .. } \grace s8 .. }
>> { \repeat volta 2 { .. } \acciaccatura f8 e1 ... }
>

> Thank you, but it doesn't help.
> I added dummy grace notes at every place in the upper voice where I  use
> one in the lower - no change.

You didn't change it in all parts. When I added a dummy grace note also
to the chords, it seems to work better:

akkorde = \chordmode {
        \repeat volta 2 {
                a1:m | d:m |
                a2:m d:m | a1:m
        }
        \repeat volta 2 {
                a:m | f2 a:m |
                a:m b4 e:7 |
                a1:m
        }
        \grace s8  a1:m | d:m |
        a2:m d:m | a1:m

On Monday 22 August 2005 14.04, fiëé visuëlle wrote:

> >> In the attached example, the acciaccatura in the lower voice doubles
> >> the repeat end bar and goes behind that wrong bar.
> >
> > It is a known bug. The workaround is to add dummy grace notes in
> > all parts,
> > like
> > <<
> > { \repeat volta 2 { .. } \grace s8 .. }
> > { \repeat volta 2 { .. } \acciaccatura f8 e1 ... }
>
> Thank you, but it doesn't help.
> I added dummy grace notes at every place in the upper voice where I
> use one in the lower - no change.

You need to do it everywhere where you specified \repeat {} - looks like you
forgot the ChordNames context!

--
Erik

Am 2005-08-22 um 14:51 schrieb Mats Bengtsson:
>> Thank you, but it doesn't help.
>> I added dummy grace notes at every place in the upper voice where
>> I  use one in the lower - no change.
>
> You didn't change it in all parts. When I added a dummy grace note
> also
> to the chords, it seems to work better:

Ah, me stupid! Thank you again!
I must remember to think of chords as a voice...