\acciaccatura and \times

Gilles Sadowski
Hi.

Seemingly a bug in the same family as my previous post.  Here the
problem is with using a grace note inside a triplet.  The following
code:

%---
\version "2.6.3"

theMusic = \relative c''' {
  \time 4/4
  \times 2/3 { \acciaccatura a16 g4 \acciaccatura a16 g4 \acciaccatura a16 g4 } g2 |
  f1 |

  \theMusic
  \layout {}
}
%---

produces:

GNU LilyPond 2.6.3
Processing `test2.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
/usr/share/lilypond/2.6.3/ly/grace-init.ly:26:8: warning: can't end slur
    s1*0
        )
test2.ly:6:33: warning: adding note head to incompatible stem (type = 16)
  \times 2/3 { \acciaccatura a16
                                 g4 \acciaccatura a16 g4 \acciaccatura a16 g4 } g2 |
test2.ly:6:33: warning: maybe input should specify polyphonic voices
  \times 2/3 { \acciaccatura a16
                                 g4 \acciaccatura a16 g4 \acciaccatura a16 g4 } g2 |[2]
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Calculating line breaks...
Calculating page breaks...
Layout output to `test2.ps'...
Converting to `test2.pdf'...

Gilles

Re: \acciaccatura and \times

Erik Sandberg
Citerar Gilles <[hidden email]>:

> Hi.
>
> Seemingly a bug in the same family as my previous post.

Still not a bug (IMHO), just a missing feature. The same solution should work.

It is known that implicit context creation has some problems when a piece starts
with \times, \grace etc., so it's best to always create contexts explicitly.

Erik

Re: \acciaccatura and \times

Gilles Sadowski
Hello.

> > Seemingly a bug in the same family as my previous post.
>
> Still not a bug (IMHO), just a missing feature. The same solution should work.

Which solution?  [Did you send another mail about it?  I didn't get any.]

> It is known that implicit context creation has some problems when a piece starts
> with \times, \grace etc., so it's best to always create contexts explicitly.

Do you mean something like (referring to the short example):

  \new Staff {
    \theMusic
  }

This doesn't work any better.

Also, I tried adding a few notes before the problematic code, so that the piece
does not begin with it, and it still doesn't work...

Some hints about how to work around the problem will be welcome.

Thanks,
Gilles

Hiding Tuplet Numbers / Lyrics and Barlines and the Use of Opus in the header.

Trent Johnston
Good Morning,

Firstly I would like to thank Han-Wen for his work on putting slurs around
tuplet numbers.

I also have several questions:

My first question is how do you hide a tuplet number ... the old command

\override TupletBracket  #'number-visibility = ##f        does not seem to
work any more. Nor does
\override TupletNumber  #'number-visibility = ##f     .

My second question is the "lyrics-bar.ly" in the regression tests doesn't
appear to work any more. I want to make the lyrics stay within the bar.
Especially at the end of a stave where sometimes a lyric can hang past the
barline.

My third question is when using "Opus" in a header. When I use this command
it seems to be repeated at the beginning of each new section when a piece
made up of smaller pieces is joined together.

Currently I'm using 2.7.25 - Fedora RPM.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Trent Johnston

Re: Hiding Tuplet Numbers / Lyrics and Barlines and the Use of Opus in the header.

Han-Wen Nienhuys
Trent Johnston wrote:
> My first question is how do you hide a tuplet number ... the old command
>
> \override TupletBracket  #'number-visibility = ##f        does not seem to
> work any more. Nor does
> \override TupletNumber  #'number-visibility = ##f     .

try TupletNumber #'transparent = ##t

> My second question is the "lyrics-bar.ly" in the regression tests doesn't
> appear to work any more. I want to make the lyrics stay within the bar.
> Especially at the end of a stave where sometimes a lyric can hang past the
> barline.

you have to do

        \consists "Separating_line_group_engraver"

for the Lyrics context too.

> My third question is when using "Opus" in a header. When I use this command
> it seems to be repeated at the beginning of each new section when a piece
> made up of smaller pieces is joined together.

Yes, that's default behavior. Perhaps we ought to change it, but for
now, the easiest is to tune scoreTitleMarkup in the \paper block
see ly/titling-init.ly for inspiration.

Re: Hiding Tuplet Numbers / Lyrics and Barlines and the Use of Opus in the header.

Trent Johnston
Thanx for the hints. I've successfully hidden the tuplet numbers.

The lyrics and barline question is proving troublesome...

where do I put the  \consists "Separating_line_group_engraver"

in the example below? (taken from the regression tests.) I've put it
everywhere with no changes.

I also assume once it's working that this needs to be added to all lyric
voices in a piece.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Trent

% ****************************************************************
% ly snippet:
% ****************************************************************
\renameinput "lyrics-bar.ly"
\version "2.7.13"

\header{
texidoc="
Adding a @code{Bar_engraver} to the Lyrics context makes sure that
lyrics do not collide with barlines.
"
}

\layout {
    raggedright = ##t

    \context Staff = "foo" \with
    {
% \remove "Bar_engraver"
        b1 \bar "|:" b1 \bar ":|"
    }
    \context Lyrics \with {
        \consists "Bar_engraver"
        \override BarLine #'bar-size = #4
    } \lyricmode {
          looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong1 syllable
      }
    \lyrics {
        no Bar_Engraver_Bar_Engraver_Bar_Engraver
    }
    \context Staff = "bar" \with {
% \remove "Bar_engraver"
    } { b1 b1 }

% ****************************************************************
% end ly snippet
% ****************************************************************

Trent Johnston wrote:
> Thanx for the hints. I've successfully hidden the tuplet numbers.
>
> The lyrics and barline question is proving troublesome...
>
> where do I put the  \consists "Separating_line_group_engraver"

\layout {
   \context { \Lyrics \consists ... } }

Re: Hiding Tuplet Numbers / Lyrics and Barlines and the Use of Opus in the header.

Trent Johnston
Thanks... I gave it a try... it kinda works.. but works better when I make
the lyrics a little smaller.

Trent