about LilyPondTool

Tapio Tuovila
Hi,
I've used the new lilytool now for a couple of weeks. It still seems
reasonably stable; JPedal sometimes tends to crash more easily when
updating scores with many pages. And when JPedal crashes it usually also
crashes jEdit at the same time, and this is a bit disturbing.

I have already asked about scrolling JPedal screen without mouse, that
would be nice.

Then about code completion, this used to work with words like \upbow,
\downbow, \break and so on, but no longer does. Is this intended
behavior (guess it is) and why does it have to be so. Also some short
words like \p and \f try to change to \PianoStaff or \FiguredBass if you
hit the spacebar; would be nice if the code completion also had an
option for \p and \f themselves.

But this application really is a great help with my everyday work as
string teacher, so that I appreciate your contribution, Bert,  a lot!

Greetings,
Tapio

Re: about LilyPondTool

Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)

> I have already asked about scrolling JPedal screen without mouse, that
> would be nice.

JPedal is open source :- ) It is not very stable, and is not perfect,
but currently the best open source java pdf viewer.
> Then about code completion, this used to work with words like \upbow,
> \downbow, \break and so on, but no longer does. Is this intended
> behavior (guess it is) and why does it have to be so. Also some short
> words like \p and \f try to change to \PianoStaff or \FiguredBass if you
> hit the spacebar; would be nice if the code completion also had an
> option for \p and \f themselves.

It's a bug that some music functions (\mp \downbow etc) does not appear
in the code completion.
In the following versions space will no longer expand the completion.
> But this application really is a great help with my everyday work as
> string teacher,

I hope so :-)

Bert

Quick LilyPondTool fix: Re: about LilyPondTool

Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
I created a fix, you can make use of it instantly:
download http://www.organum.hu/fileadmin/lilypondtool/fix/fix-060929.zip
You'll find two files in it:
- lilypond.xml - put this into jEdit's modes directory (replace the
current one) - this will solve syntax coloring problems
- lilyAssist.dat - put this into your home directory. If it doesn't
solve the code completion issue, replace the lilyAssist.dat file inside
LilyPondTool.jar

Bert

Re: Quick LilyPondTool fix: Re: about LilyPondTool

Tapio Tuovila
Bertalan Fodor kirjoitti:

> I created a fix, you can make use of it instantly:
> download http://www.organum.hu/fileadmin/lilypondtool/fix/fix-060929.zip
> You'll find two files in it:
> - lilypond.xml - put this into jEdit's modes directory (replace the
> current one) - this will solve syntax coloring problems
> - lilyAssist.dat - put this into your home directory. If it doesn't
> solve the code completion issue, replace the lilyAssist.dat file
> inside LilyPondTool.jar
>
> Bert

Both seem to work here, thank you for your rapid respond!

Tapio