Windows 10 and Dropbox

ty

Windows 10 and Dropbox

ty
With a .ly file in Dropbox (local file but connected to the cloud) and with the
OS Windows 10, I have never been successful in compiling it. The log stops at
"Drawing systems..." and no .pdf or .ps file appears, however long I wait.

If the OS is Windows 7, there is no problem. Also if the .ly file is outside
Dropbox, there is no problem even with Windows 10.

Has this happened to anyone else?  Is there a cure (except for abandoning Dropbox?)

My current Windows 10 is Pro Ver. 1703 Build 15063.483, and Dropbox is Ver.
31.4.25, but this has been happening for at least half a year and at least on
another machine with Windows 10 Home, so I don't think this is
version-dependent.

Re: Windows 10 and Dropbox

Anders Eriksson
Using the same versions of Windows and Dropbox and opening the file with
Frescobaldi there is no problem to create the output files

.mid, .pdf is created in the dropbox.

// Anders

On 2017-08-05 17:55, [hidden email] wrote:

> With a .ly file in Dropbox (local file but connected to the cloud) and with the
> OS Windows 10, I have never been successful in compiling it. The log stops at
> "Drawing systems..." and no .pdf or .ps file appears, however long I wait.
>
> If the OS is Windows 7, there is no problem. Also if the .ly file is outside
> Dropbox, there is no problem even with Windows 10.
>
> Has this happened to anyone else?  Is there a cure (except for abandoning Dropbox?)
>
> My current Windows 10 is Pro Ver. 1703 Build 15063.483, and Dropbox is Ver.
> 31.4.25, but this has been happening for at least half a year and at least on
> another machine with Windows 10 Home, so I don't think this is
> version-dependent.

ty

Re: Windows 10 and Dropbox

ty
Dear Anders and Guy,

Thank you for your responses. Then it looks like some problem with my particular
machine. I will try with other Windows 10 machines.

                    ty