Warning: g_spawn_sync failed (0): gs: Failed to execute helper program (Invalid argument)

Warning: g_spawn_sync failed (0): gs: Failed to execute helper program (Invalid argument)

Robert Murdoch
Hi,

I downloaded the latest unstable branch (2.19.65) and tried compiling a
score. Afterwards, gspawn-win32-helper.exe got quarantined in my
AntiVirus software (McAfee), which has never happened to me before on
any of the stable or unstable branches. Now my score won't compile ewith
the title error in the logfile. What should I do? Or should I just wait
for a fix? Thanks for reading.

Re: Warning: g_spawn_sync failed (0): gs: Failed to execute helper program (Invalid argument)

Michael Gerdau

Hi,

> I downloaded the latest unstable branch (2.19.65) and tried compiling a
> score. Afterwards, gspawn-win32-helper.exe got quarantined in my
> AntiVirus software (McAfee), which has never happened to me before on
> any of the stable or unstable branches. Now my score won't compile ewith
> the title error in the logfile. What should I do? Or should I just wait
> for a fix? Thanks for reading.

I doubt this is a lilypond problem.

I just installed 2.19.65 on my Windows 10 Pro system with plain vanilla Microsoft Defender and everything works just nicely. I therefor would (hesitantly) point my finger towards McAfee and/or your system.

You could try to uninstall/reinstall 2.19.65 and then disable McAfee and see if the problem persists. You may also file a bugreport/complaint with McAfee.

Kind regards,
Michael

Re: Re: Warning: g_spawn_sync failed (0): gs: Failed to execute helper program (Invalid argument)

Robert Murdoch
Thanks, but I found the solution. I simply inserted
gspawn-win32-helper.exe into the McAfee excluded list for Real-Time
Scanning. And, just to make sure, I also inserted
gspawn-win32-helper-console.exe there too.

Also, I apologize for mispelling "with" as "ewith" in the third sentence
of my previous post. Hooray for being a Grammar Nazi to my own grammar!