VirtualBox error

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

VirtualBox error

Kieren MacMillan
Hello all,

I'm trying to set up LilyDev.
Running Mac OS X 10.12.5 on an iMac with 16GB RAM.

1. Downloaded the most recent VirtualBox — no problem.

2. Installed VirtualBox — no problem.

3. Launched VirtualBox — no problem.

4. Created my LilyDev virtual box (as per docs) — no problem.

5. Tried to open it — got



Any advice?

Thanks,
Kieren.
_______________________________

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info <http://www.kierenmacmillan.info/>
‣ email: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
_______________________________________________
lilypond-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: VirtualBox error

Simon Albrecht-2
On 07.06.2017 01:27, Kieren MacMillan wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to set up LilyDev.
> Running Mac OS X 10.12.5 on an iMac with 16GB RAM.
>
> 1. Downloaded the most recent VirtualBox — no problem.
>
> 2. Installed VirtualBox — no problem.
>
> 3. Launched VirtualBox — no problem.
>
> 4. Created my LilyDev virtual box (as per docs) — no problem.
>
> 5. Tried to open it — got
>
Got what?
Best, Simon

>
> Any advice?
>
> Thanks,
> Kieren.
> _______________________________
>
> Kieren MacMillan, composer
> ‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info <http://www.kierenmacmillan.info/>
> ‣ email: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> _______________________________________________
> lilypond-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel


_______________________________________________
lilypond-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: VirtualBox error

Kieren MacMillan
Hi all,

> Got what?

Hmmm… Looks like the list didn't accept my screenshot…  =(

Anyway, it was a fatal error.
I have apparently fixed it (?) by uninstalling and doing the whole procedure again from scratch.

Thanks,
Kieren.
________________________________

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info
‣ email: [hidden email]


_______________________________________________
lilypond-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: VirtualBox error

Wols Lists
On 07/06/17 00:54, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>> Got what?
>
> Hmmm… Looks like the list didn't accept my screenshot…  =(
>
> Anyway, it was a fatal error.
> I have apparently fixed it (?) by uninstalling and doing the whole procedure again from scratch.
>
Dunno whether it's what you had, but you always need to install the
correct kernel modules, which means if you try and install then run it
without rebooting, that could have been your problem.

I run gentoo, and upgrading VBox is always a pain because I keep on
forgetting to update the modules. Of course, knowing about the problem,
I usually recognise it instantly now but it was quite a nuisance initially.

Cheers,
Wol


_______________________________________________
lilypond-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-devel