Vertical spacing again

Werner Arnhold
Hi list,

I work on a folk song with 4 stanzas. There is a combined staff for
women and one for men. Between them there should be the song text.
"strf" are the lyric lines for women, "strt" those for men. It looks
like that:

\score {
  \new ChoirStaff <<
    \new Staff <<
      \new Voice = "sopran" {
        \voiceOne
        << \global \soprannoten >>
      }
      \new Voice = "alt" {
        \voiceTwo
        << \global \altnoten >>
      }

    \new Lyrics = "strfI"
    \new Lyrics = "strfII"
    \new Lyrics = "strfIII"
    \new Lyrics = "strfIV"
%%%%%%%%%%   Vertical distance at this place
    \new Lyrics = "strtI"
    \new Lyrics = "strtII"
    \new Lyrics = "strtIII"
    \new Lyrics = "strtIV"
    \new Staff <<
      \new Voice = "tenor" {
        \voiceOne
        << \global \tenornoten >>
      }
      \new Voice = "bass" {
        \voiceTwo
        << \global \bassnoten >>
      }

    \context Lyrics = "strfI" \lyricsto "sopran" \strophefI
    \context Lyrics = "strfII" \lyricsto "sopran" \strophefII
    \context Lyrics = "strfIII" \lyricsto "sopran" \strophefIII
    \context Lyrics = "strfIV" \lyricsto "sopran" \strophefIV
    \context Lyrics = "strtI" \lyricsto "tenor" \strophetI
    \context Lyrics = "strtII" \lyricsto "tenor" \strophetII
    \context Lyrics = "strtIII" \lyricsto "tenor" \strophetIII
    \context Lyrics = "strtIV" \lyricsto "tenor" \strophetIV

}

For reasons of better readabilty I want a vertical space between the
verse for women and those for men without changing the other spacing. Is
there a simple way to do that? I supposed that the vertical spacing
commands affect all lines.

Thanks in advance!

Werner

Re: Vertical spacing again

Malte Meyn-3
Please always give a *compilable* minimal example. I had to add the
following code to be able to test possible solutions:

global = {}
soprannoten = { c' }
altnoten = { c' }
tenornoten = { c' }
bassnoten = { c' }
strophefI = \lyricmode { a }
strophefII = \lyricmode { a }
strophefIII = \lyricmode { a }
strophefIV = \lyricmode { a }
strophetI = \lyricmode { a }
strophetII = \lyricmode { a }
strophetIII = \lyricmode { a }
strophetIV = \lyricmode { a }

Am 08.08.2017 um 08:27 schrieb Werner Arnhold:
> For reasons of better readabilty I want a vertical space between the
> verse for women and those for men without changing the other spacing. Is
> there a simple way to do that? I supposed that the vertical spacing
> commands affect all lines.

These commands affect all lines only if you place them in the \layout
block. But everything you can put in the \layout block to change all
contexts of a type at one time, you can instead put in a \with block to
only change a single context:

\new Lyrics = "strfIV" \with {
   \override
VerticalAxisGroup.nonstaff-nonstaff-spacing.minimum-distance = 5

Re: Vertical spacing again

Werner Arnhold
Thank you very much, problem solved! Sorry for the missing lines, I was
not aware how to shorten the voices and text so much.

Werner