Version differences

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Version differences

Gordon Gilbert
Hi folks!

I have been using version 2.7.20 on FreeBSD very successfully for a few
weeks now.  Using jEdit for my .ly files, which is nice too.

Now.

I recently acquired a Windoze computer (XP) and installed 2.7.18 on there.
My question:  Are there any syntax differences, etc. between those two
versions, or is it simply that those are the two versions for the
different platforms?  Can I swap back and forth with impunity, and have
equally successful results on both machines?

Also, I tried to install jEdit for Windoze on that machine, and was
unsuccessful.  Does anybody know what I must do for that?  I'd rather not
have to use the MS text editor if I can help it.  Or is there another good
editor for Lilypond that I can install easily on Windoze?

Blessings for a great Christmas

Father Gordon Gilbert


  +=====================================================+
  |                 Angels' Roost Farm                  |
  |       Rev. Fr. Gordon Gilbert & Susan Gilbert       |
  |                   705-549-5056                      |
  |                [hidden email]                  |
  |                [hidden email]                 |
  +=====================================================+


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Version differences

Daniel Johnson-2
Gordon Gilbert wrote:

> Also, I tried to install jEdit for Windoze on that machine, and was
> unsuccessful.  Does anybody know what I must do for that?  I'd rather
> not have to use the MS text editor if I can help it.  Or is there
> another good editor for Lilypond that I can install easily on Windoze?

You might try installing the Java Runtime Environment on the Windoze box
(since jedit is a Java app).
http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Version differences

Erik Sandberg
In reply to this post by Gordon Gilbert
On Tuesday 20 December 2005 20.57, Gordon Gilbert wrote:

> Hi folks!
>
> I have been using version 2.7.20 on FreeBSD very successfully for a few
> weeks now.  Using jEdit for my .ly files, which is nice too.
>
> Now.
>
> I recently acquired a Windoze computer (XP) and installed 2.7.18 on there.
> My question:  Are there any syntax differences, etc. between those two
> versions,
there are probably some differences, but no essential ones. The results are
probably identical, or close to identical, for most normal scores. A few bugs
may occur in one, but not the other, version.

Major differences between versions are listed in announcements here:
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/info-lilypond

--
Erik


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Version differences

Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence
In reply to this post by Daniel Johnson-2
I found that I had to install Java first then reinstall jedit and
everything worked fine.  It took a long time to download the java
because I'm on modem and so it took two tries but when I finally got it
installed I was really glad I went to the trouble.
Before getting it I was 'trying' to edit files with something called
texted from www.greenhousemm.com but that wasn't as good as jedit.
Jay

Daniel Johnson wrote:

>Gordon Gilbert wrote:
>
>  
>
>>Also, I tried to install jEdit for Windoze on that machine, and was
>>unsuccessful.  Does anybody know what I must do for that?  I'd rather
>>not have to use the MS text editor if I can help it.  Or is there
>>another good editor for Lilypond that I can install easily on Windoze?
>>    
>>
>
>You might try installing the Java Runtime Environment on the Windoze box
>(since jedit is a Java app).
>http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>lilypond-user mailing list
>[hidden email]
>http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
>
>
>  
>

--
Childhood is a Journey not a race- Emma Sadinsky aged 8
Jay Hamilton
Sound and Silence
206-328-7694
www.soundand.com



_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user