Using lilypond syntax in Scheme

Don Blaheta
What am I missing here?  Whenever I include a literal note (e.g. "c" or
"bf'4") inside a #{ #} block, lilypond is complaining about an
unexpected STRING.  For instance, this example (lifted from section
11.1.6 of the manual) fails to compile:

  #(define mynotes #{ \override Stem #'thickness = #4
                      { c'8 d' } #})

  \score { \mynotes }

Am I just not invoking it right?  Commands and such (\override,
\context) seem ok, it's just the actual notes that don't work.  This is
on 2.6.4.

--
-=-Don Blaheta-=-=-[hidden email]-=-=-=-<http://www.blahedo.org/>-=-
Déjà Moo: the feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Re: Using lilypond syntax in Scheme

Mats Bengtsson-6
As far as I know, this has been fixed in the latest development versions.
In 2.6, you have to explicitly include a \notemode :

#(define mynotes #{ \override Stem #'thickness = #4
                      \notemode { c'8 d' } #})

  \score { \mynotes }

   /Mats

Don Blaheta wrote:

>What am I missing here?  Whenever I include a literal note (e.g. "c" or
>"bf'4") inside a #{ #} block, lilypond is complaining about an
>unexpected STRING.  For instance, this example (lifted from section
>11.1.6 of the manual) fails to compile:
>
>  #(define mynotes #{ \override Stem #'thickness = #4
>                      { c'8 d' } #})
>
>  \score { \mynotes }
>
>Am I just not invoking it right?  Commands and such (\override,
>\context) seem ok, it's just the actual notes that don't work.  This is
>on 2.6.4.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems