Updated spanish translation

Daniel Tonda Castillo-2
Three things:

First: I attach the patch for the latest updated spanish translation in
bzipped format.

Second: There's a typo in site/about/automated-engraving/input-format.html .

Where it says:

The above is another expression, and therefore, it many combined
again with a simultaneous expression (in this case, a half note).

Probably should read:

The above is another expression, and therefore, it may be combined
again with a simultaneous expression (in this case, a half note).

Third and last but not least:

After reading: site/sponsor/options.html, I am very much impressed and
wish for both Han-Wen and Jan, the greatest of successes in their
endeavours in Google and Atos, and even if it's a short period of time
involved in LilyPond from now on, I'm sure it will still be great.

I too am returning to teaching (back from holidays) and school, so my
involvement will be less, but I'm still participating in translations
and lists.

Have a good day!

0006-Update-spanish-translation.txt.bz2 (30K) Download Attachment
daniel.tonda.vcf (129 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Updated spanish translation

John Mandereau
Le lundi 08 janvier 2007 à 04:03 -0600, Daniel Tonda Castillo a écrit :

> Second: There's a typo in site/about/automated-engraving/input-format.html .
>
> Where it says:
>
> The above is another expression, and therefore, it many combined
> again with a simultaneous expression (in this case, a half note).
>
> Probably should read:
>
> The above is another expression, and therefore, it may be combined
> again with a simultaneous expression (in this case, a half note).

Thanks, fixed.

Greetings
--
John Mandereau <[hidden email]>

Re: Updated spanish translation

Daniel Tonda Castillo-2
Greetings:

After the update what do you recommend that the spanish translation team
tackle?

Daniel Tonda C.

--
Anyone who has had a bull by the tail knows five or six more things than
someone who hasn't. -- Mark Twain

daniel.tonda.vcf (176 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Updated spanish translation

John Mandereau
Le dimanche 14 janvier 2007 à 17:40 -0600, Daniel Tonda Castillo a
écrit :
> Greetings:
>
> After the update what do you recommend that the spanish translation team
> tackle?

The tutorial from the user manual, but you should wait until I've
documented documentation translation.  As I'm very busy, it may take a
week.  In the meantime, you could read and check lilypond.org
translation for possible typos and translation improvements with
Francisco, look at odd jobs proposed by Graham, or prepare future docs
translation by making a translation glossary of music theory and
engraving terms, like one of the French translators Frédéric Chiasson
did:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user-fr/2006-12/msg00003.html

This kind of glossary is useful to make sure you always translate a
technical word the same way.

Cheers
--
John Mandereau <[hidden email]>

Re: Updated spanish translation

Till

John Mandereau wrote:

> The tutorial from the user manual, but you should wait until I've
> documented documentation translation.  As I'm very busy, it may take a
> week.  In the meantime, you could read and check lilypond.org
> translation for possible typos and translation improvements with
> Francisco, look at odd jobs proposed by Graham, or prepare future docs
> translation by making a translation glossary of music theory and
> engraving terms, like one of the French translators Frédéric Chiasson
> did:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user-fr/2006-12/msg00003.html
>
> This kind of glossary is useful to make sure you always translate a
> technical word the same way.

This sounds good, I think I will also start this kind of glossary for
the German version. Wouldn't it be nice to also have the glossaries at a
better place downloadable? I mean: Now we have the word list from
english to other languages, which is really usefull, but I don't think
it is as complete as the french glossary is. Or let's say we would put
it into the LANG-tree of the webpage.

Would be also interested about how to do the translation of the tutorial
once you are finished with the preparations. Although it will supposedly
take some more time than the weppage to translate...

Greetings
Till