* Unify fetaDynamic and fetaNumber into one fetaText encoding (issue248041)

* Unify fetaDynamic and fetaNumber into one fetaText encoding (issue248041)

pnorcks
Han-Wen,

I'm can't see this patch in its entirety, because I think some of the
files failed to upload to Rietveld.

Can you try reuploading your patch, even to a new issue if necessary?

Thanks,
Patrick

http://codereview.appspot.com/248041/show

Re: * Unify fetaDynamic and fetaNumber into one fetaText encoding (issue248041)

Han-Wen Nienhuys-3
Hey - can you look again,

in addition to failing the upload I also inverted the patch.

The patch is against the branch tip where I added support for music
glyphs from Gonville.

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 6:15 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Han-Wen,
>
> I'm can't see this patch in its entirety, because I think some of the
> files failed to upload to Rietveld.
>
> Can you try reuploading your patch, even to a new issue if necessary?
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick
>
> http://codereview.appspot.com/248041/show

Re: * Unify fetaDynamic and fetaNumber into one fetaText encoding (issue248041)

pnorcks
LGTM.

Since this commit removes the need for the feta-alphabet Type-1 fonts,
we no longer need to distribute them, but that's something that can be
done at a later time.

Thanks,
Patrick

On 2010/03/05 15:13:25, hanwenn wrote:
> Hey - can you look again,

> in addition to failing the upload I also inverted the patch.

> The patch is against the branch tip where I added support for music
> glyphs from Gonville.

http://codereview.appspot.com/248041/show

Re: * Unify fetaDynamic and fetaNumber into one fetaText encoding (issue248041)

pnorcks
I just realized that this breaks the SVG backend, but I have a patch for
that, so you don't need to worry about it.

Thanks,
Patrick

On 2010/03/06 21:25:28, Patrick McCarty wrote:
> LGTM.

> Since this commit removes the need for the feta-alphabet Type-1 fonts,
we no
> longer need to distribute them, but that's something that can be done
at a later
> time.

> Thanks,
> Patrick

> On 2010/03/05 15:13:25, hanwenn wrote:
> > Hey - can you look again,
> >
> > in addition to failing the upload I also inverted the patch.
> >
> > The patch is against the branch tip where I added support for music
> > glyphs from Gonville.

http://codereview.appspot.com/248041/show

Re: * Unify fetaDynamic and fetaNumber into one fetaText encoding (issue248041)

Valentin Villenave-3
On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 10:25 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Since this commit removes the need for the feta-alphabet Type-1 fonts,
> we no longer need to distribute them, but that's something that can be
> done at a later time.

Do you want me to open a tracker page about it?

Cheers,
Valentin

Re: * Unify fetaDynamic and fetaNumber into one fetaText encoding (issue248041)

pnorcks
On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 2:07 PM, Valentin Villenave
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 10:25 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Since this commit removes the need for the feta-alphabet Type-1 fonts,
>> we no longer need to distribute them, but that's something that can be
>> done at a later time.
>
> Do you want me to open a tracker page about it?

Sure, if you want to.  It depends on Issue 1021 being fixed, though,
so make sure to include a note about that.

Thanks,
Patrick

Re: * Unify fetaDynamic and fetaNumber into one fetaText encoding (issue248041)

Han-Wen Nienhuys-3
Hey Simon,

Can you have a look at the latest master?  I changed some conventions;
 it would be good to adopt them in your font package.

Basically:

- Use just 1 design size (20)
- The font should be called gonville-20.otf (Gonville-20 for family,
full name, etc.;  I left weight empty)
- The brace font should be called gonville-brace.otf

For handling the text, we may need some additional tweaks, but since
editing the font name in fontforge drops the LIL* tables, I gave up
there.

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 12:13 PM, Han-Wen Nienhuys <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey - can you look again,
>
> in addition to failing the upload I also inverted the patch.
>
> The patch is against the branch tip where I added support for music
> glyphs from Gonville.
>
> On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 6:15 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Han-Wen,
>>
>> I'm can't see this patch in its entirety, because I think some of the
>> files failed to upload to Rietveld.
>>
>> Can you try reuploading your patch, even to a new issue if necessary?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Patrick
>>
>> http://codereview.appspot.com/248041/show
>>

> --
> Han-Wen Nienhuys - [hidden email] - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen

Re: * Unify fetaDynamic and fetaNumber into one fetaText encoding (issue248041)

Simon Tatham
Han-Wen Nienhuys <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can you have a look at the latest master?  I changed some conventions;
>  it would be good to adopt them in your font package.
>
> Basically:
>
> - Use just 1 design size (20)
> - The font should be called gonville-20.otf (Gonville-20 for family,
> full name, etc.;  I left weight empty)
> - The brace font should be called gonville-brace.otf

I've updated my web site. The new version of Gonville (r8904) uses
the naming convention you describe here.

I've kept all the design sizes for the moment, so that my existing
hacky mechanism for dropping Gonville into earlier versions of
Lilypond continues to work, since I anticipate that people will
continue to use them for a while.

(The new version also has redrawn tails for semiquavers and below,
since several people complained about the previous ones.)

> For handling the text, we may need some additional tweaks, but since
> editing the font name in fontforge drops the LIL* tables, I gave up
> there.

I can arrange to provide the intermediate build products if they're
any help to you: .sfd files, files containing the LIL* table data,
and the Fontforge commands I use to convert those into the output
font files. The build script currently doesn't preserve all of that,
but I could make it do so easily enough. Shout if you'd find that
useful.

If you let me know what if any tweaks are required, I'll probably be
happy to upload another tweaked version to my website.

Cheers,
Simon
--
for k in [pow(x,37,0x13AC59F3ECAC3127065A9) for x in [0x195A0BCE1C2F0310B43C,
0x73A0CE584254AB23D5A0, 0x12878657EA814421CC92, 0x7373445BB3DA69996F4A,