Uniform spacing throughout scores.

Basil Crow
I'm wondering what the best way to do this is:

I'm typesetting some liturgical music which consists of 40 or 50 psalm
verses set to music. I put each verse in a \score block so that it gets
a new line and indent. But the spacing for the whole score is then very,
very tight and not consistent between verses. If I put them all in the
same \score block, the spacing would be looser (since it's based on more
notes) as well as consistent. But then I would not get the new line and
indent. How can I reconcile these two different needs?

--Basil

Re: Uniform spacing throughout scores.

Mats Bengtsson-6
The new line is trivial, just insert a  \break. However, the extra
indent is
hard to do that way. I guess what you really are saying is that for scores
that only have a single line, the spacing will often be more tight than that
of scores with multiple lines, right? In a way, this is natural since
the only
option is to split the single line into two, which will double the
spacing and
may result in too wide spacing instead.

You can always insert a manual line break at appropriate places in the
scores
that look too tight. An alternative is to try to fiddle with the
parameters that
determine the default spacing, see "10.1.8 Horizontal Spacing".

  /Mats

Basil Crow wrote:

> I'm wondering what the best way to do this is:
>
> I'm typesetting some liturgical music which consists of 40 or 50 psalm
> verses set to music. I put each verse in a \score block so that it
> gets a new line and indent. But the spacing for the whole score is
> then very, very tight and not consistent between verses. If I put them
> all in the same \score block, the spacing would be looser (since it's
> based on more notes) as well as consistent. But then I would not get
> the new line and indent. How can I reconcile these two different needs?
>
> --Basil

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems