Two Creative Commons Piano Scores

Michael David Crawford
Ladies and Germs,

I have scored my compositions "Emergence" and "Recursion" in Lilypond.
They have the Creative Commons Attribution-Sharealike 2.5 license.
Please enjoy, copy, perform and make derivative works - provided you
Share Alike!

They're at:

http://www.geometricvisions.com/music/

There are MIDI files, US Letter and A4 PDFs, the Lilypond source, and
audio files of recordings I made back in 1994.

The other two songs will take me some more time.  I also plan to compose
some new pieces, and when I get enough of them, I'll record a new CD
that I will have "glass mastered", that is, pressed in quantity at a
factory, and all with the CC-SA 2.5 license.

Enjoy!

Michael David Crawford
[hidden email]
http://www.geometricvisions.com/

Re: Two Creative Commons Piano Scores

Mark Knoop-4
At 19:09 on 20 Feb 2007, Michael David Crawford
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ladies and Germs,
>
> I have scored my compositions "Emergence" and "Recursion" in
> Lilypond. They have the Creative Commons Attribution-Sharealike 2.5
> license. Please enjoy, copy, perform and make derivative works -
> provided you Share Alike!

Very interesting, thanks. You might want to turn off point-and-click
for compiling scores to publish - not only does it make the files
slightly smaller, the links are a (small) potential security risk in
that they advertise your filesystem layout to the world.

Add -dno-point-and-click to your build command.

Regards,

Mark

--
Mark Knoop

Re: Two Creative Commons Piano Scores

Michael David Crawford
I'm sorry, it turned out that the US Letter PDF I provided for Recursion
was sized for A4 paper, not US Letter.  It probably got cut off if you
tried to print it.

It's corrected now, as is the Lilypond source.  The PDF for Emergence
didn't have this problem.

I was having some trouble getting system-count to work if I set the
paper size explicitly.  It turns out what I needed was to put the \paper
block BEFORE the \include of the main source file, and to set
system-count AFTER setting the paper size.

http://www.geometricvisions.com/music/

Best,

Michael David Crawford
[hidden email]