Tuplet Formatter-Navigating in the Program Reference

Tuplet Formatter-Navigating in the Program Reference

Mehmet Okonsar
To learn about formatting tuplets, I get into:
--------
tupletNumberFormatFunction (procedure)
Function taking a music as input, producing a string. This function is
called to determine the text to print on a tuplet bracket.
--------
Then how can I learn what are the options and their syntax, for example:
-------
\set tupletNumberFormatFunction = #fraction-tuplet-formatter
------
what are the other options and what are their syntax? Where are they in the
Program reference?

Best Regards,
Mehmet Okonsar, pianist-composer
www.okonsar.com

Re: Tuplet Formatter-Navigating in the Program Reference

Mats Bengtsson-6
The only two available in the program is the default one
and fraction-tuplet-formatter. If you want to do your own,
it's probably easiest to use the definitions of the already
existing functions as the starting point, see
/usr/share/lilypond/2.6.3/scm/translation-functions.scm
or wherever the file is installed on your system.

    /Mats

Mehmet Okonsar wrote:

> To learn about formatting tuplets, I get into:
> --------
> tupletNumberFormatFunction (procedure)
> Function taking a music as input, producing a string. This function is
> called to determine the text to print on a tuplet bracket.
> --------
> Then how can I learn what are the options and their syntax, for example:
> -------
> \set tupletNumberFormatFunction = #fraction-tuplet-formatter
> ------
> what are the other options and what are their syntax? Where are they in the
> Program reference?
>
> Best Regards,
> Mehmet Okonsar, pianist-composer
> www.okonsar.com