Troubles posting to lilypond-users list

Dona Mommsen
Hi,

I'm subscribed to this list for years, as I'm an occasional user of lilypond.
I'm trying to post to this list, but so far, my messages didn't get through.
I've tried sending e-mails directly and I tried the web-interface.
From the gmane list, I got through the confirmation process.
The e-mail I received mentioned that my message should show up in a few minutes.
That was hours ago.

What am I missing?

Cheers,

Dona

Re: Troubles posting to lilypond-users list

Rembrandt Wolpert
I can see 5 messages from you :-). Maybe you don't see your own messages?

To your question -- also on a Mac 10.7.3 -- I am using a different
approach, so won't be able to help you. (I use a makefile, which
automatically executs only those commands that are needed because of
some changes, but my setup is probably too involved and specialized to
be easily transportable. I can let you know howto if you want to try
your hand on using "make" and Makefile.)

Rembrandt

On 4/26/12 8:49 AM, Dona Mommsen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm subscribed to this list for years, as I'm an occasional user of lilypond.
> I'm trying to post to this list, but so far, my messages didn't get through.
> I've tried sending e-mails directly and I tried the web-interface.
> From the gmane list, I got through the confirmation process.
> The e-mail I received mentioned that my message should show up in a few minutes.
> That was hours ago.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dona

人生䘮亂世 無君欲誰仕
 - 劉因 (1249-1293)

Re: Troubles posting to lilypond-users list

Christopher R. Maden

Re: Troubles posting to lilypond-users list

Nick Payne-3
On 27/04/12 04:48, Christopher R. Maden wrote:

> On 04/26/2012 02:29 PM, Rembrandt Wolpert wrote:
>> I can see 5 messages from you :-). Maybe you don't see your own
>> messages?
> It seems to be a common phenomenon on this list: Someone posts
> complaining that their posts don’t come through, immediately followed
> by all the posts that didn’t come through.  I don’t know if the
> complaint attracts some moderator’s attention or if some critical mass
> convinces the list software that a poster is an actual human and not a
> bot...  But the frequency of the problem, and the order in which
> Dona’s posts came through strongly suggest that this is a real thing.
I sometimes find that messages I send to the mailing list don't get to
my inbox for several hours. Other times they're there in a couple of
minutes. But they always seem to eventually arrive...