Transposing in the Input file

Kale Good

Hello,

I've used Audiveris to get a musicXML file. However, it misidentified a clef. So I've got the correct (relative) note names, but the pitches are all off for a line or two.

I was wondering if there is a tool or script to transpose notes in the the input.ly file. My use-case is such that I'd like to avoid using a transcribe block.

I was hoping that using a \transpose {} block with lilypond --verbose would output the transposed notes somewhere in the STOUT stream, but no luck.

(My use-case: I'll be putting this into Anki's memorization tool and using it in my practicing routine. I'd like to keep the files as simple as possible so that I can edit mistakes or make changes easily while practicing. Having to think through an unnecessary transposition would really make that difficult.)

Thanks,

Kale

--

Kale Good
Good Music Academy

Facebook
Google+
Read my article "The Seven Secrets to Six String Success" at GuitarNoise.com

Re: Transposing in the Input file

Jacques Menu Muzhic
Hello Kale,

According to my experience, your best bet is to be able to edit the result of the scan in Audiveris before producing the MusicXML.

I don’t know Audiveris: is that at all possible, as it is in PhotoScore Ultimate?

JM

Le 14 janv. 2018 à 14:59, Kale Good <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[...]

That is possible with the previous version of Audiveris. However, that relies on an earlier version of the tesseract OCR program. While I might try that in the end, I preferred this route to messing around with conflicting dependencies.

Also, I've only done this with a single page so far. I want to see if this is a systemic problem before putting too much effort it.

-k

On 01/14/2018 09:34 AM, Jacques Menu Muzhic wrote:
[...]

Mark Knoop-4

http://python-ly.readthedocs.io/en/latest/command.html#commands

--
Mark Knoop