Titles in lilypond-book (2.8.6 vs 2.2.5)

Titles in lilypond-book (2.8.6 vs 2.2.5)

Jim Cownie
I've just upgraded from 2.2.5 to 2.8.6.
I have a latex document which includes lilypond files and is processed by lilypond-book.
In 2.2.5 the \header contents did not appear in the set music, however in 2.8.6 they do.

Since I'm already setting the titles in the latex sources I now get duplicate titles in the final document.

Is there a flag to lilypond-book (or a change to the \lilypondfile command) which can be used to turn off the headers  generated by the lilypond processing so that I just have the tex generated ones again?

Thanks in advance
-- Jim

Re: Titles in lilypond-book (2.8.6 vs 2.2.5)

Mats Bengtsson-4
As far as I can see, there is no such option. However, it should be
possible to do something along the lines of
\begin{lilypond}
\paper{bookTitleMarkup=##f scoreTitleMarkup=##f }
\include{myfile.ly}
\end{lilypond}

assuming that you today use
\lilypondfile{myfile.ly}

   /Mats

Quoting Jim Cownie <[hidden email]>:

> I've just upgraded from 2.2.5 to 2.8.6.
> I have a latex document which includes lilypond files and is processed by
> lilypond-book.
> In 2.2.5 the \header contents did not appear in the set music, however in
> 2.8.6 they do.
>
> Since I'm already setting the titles in the latex sources I now get
> duplicate titles in the final document.
>
> Is there a flag to lilypond-book (or a change to the \lilypondfile command)
> which can be used to turn off the headers  generated by the lilypond
> processing so that I just have the tex generated ones again?
>
> Thanks in advance
> -- Jim

Re: Titles in lilypond-book (2.8.6 vs 2.2.5)

Michael Haynie
Sorry for the delay in responding.

I've spent considerable time hacking up support for this very thing,
but I haven't had time to post all of the relevant fixes, and there
remains one deployment problem.  The main hold up is that I currently
require an auxiliary .tex file containing a group of macros that handle
titling.  I don't yet have a portable and reliable means for locating
that macro file.

I'll be happy to share  my patches with anyone who wants to test, but
you have to be willing to work with me a bit.

HTH.