Timing.timing ?

Graham Percival-2
(2.7.5 release)

The
@lilypond[notime]
option seems to have no effect; it appears that the Score.timing
property
is no longer.  Judging from ly/property-init.ly (cadenza), it appears
that
there's a new Timing engraver ?

How would I modify the below example to turn off timing?  Simply
changing
\Score to \Timing doesn't work.  I can update  script/lilypond-book.py
myself, but I don't understand how Timing works.

\version "2.7.5"
\layout{ \context { \Score
%  \remove "Timing_translator"
    timing = ##f
}}
\relative c' {
   c4 c c c c c c c c

Re: Timing.timing ?

Han-Wen Nienhuys
Graham Percival wrote:

> (2.7.5 release)
>
> The
> @lilypond[notime]
> option seems to have no effect; it appears that the Score.timing property
> is no longer.  Judging from ly/property-init.ly (cadenza), it appears that
> there's a new Timing engraver ?
>
> How would I modify the below example to turn off timing?  Simply changing
> \Score to \Timing doesn't work.  I can update  script/lilypond-book.py
> myself, but I don't understand how Timing works.
>

> \version "2.7.5"
> \layout{ \context { \Score
> %  \remove "Timing_translator"
>    timing = ##f
> }}
> \relative c' {
>   c4 c c c c c c c c
> }

Timing is an alias which is set for whichever contains Timing_translator.
There was a bug that caused the defualt from \layout  {} to always be
overridden.