Ties in markup

Edward neeman
Hello,

How might I have tie shapes within a markup context?

Sorry if I missed something obvious.

Thanks,
Edward
---
Dr. Edward Neeman
www.neemanpianoduo.com

Re: Ties in markup

Andrew Bernard
Hi Edward,

Do you mean you want music in a markup? It's in the Notation Reference manual (NR). Give us a picture of what you want.

Andrew

On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 at 11:55, Edward Neeman <[hidden email]> wrote:

How might I have tie shapes within a markup context?

Re: Ties in markup

Aaron Hill
On 2019-03-30 5:53 pm, Edward Neeman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How might I have tie shapes within a markup context?
>
> Sorry if I missed something obvious.

There is \undertie and \overtie, as well as \tied-lyric.

But if you are looking for something more flexible like the actual
stencil used for ties and slurs, you can use \stencil along with
make-tie-stencil:

%%%%
\version "2.19.82"
\markup {
   lorem
   \stencil #(make-tie-stencil '(0 . 0) '(3 . 2) 0.2 1)
   ipsum
}
%%%%

-- Aaron Hill

Re: Ties in markup

Edward neeman
Thanks, the make-tie-stencil was exactly what I was looking for!

I also didn’t realise it was possible to have a \score inside a markup, that will be very useful in future.

Best,
Edward
---
Dr. Edward Neeman